ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Secretive Knightly Orders
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Secretive Knightly Orders
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:32 am  
    Secretive Knightly Orders

Hello Everyone,

I am at a mental block right now and could use your help. I need a secretive order for one of my players to join. The Knights of the Watch, the Hart and Luna won't do, so I need to make another. The player's character is looking for...direction. Having him join an order instead of becoming a drunk just fits better into my campaign Wink So, gimme your ideas so I can rip them off Laughing I would like to use something centered around Southern Keoland, but it can include Geoff, Sterich, the Hold of the Sea Princes and the Yeomanry. It would be secretive in so much that not even the other characters would know he joined. His character shy's away from religion (has had very poor experiences with clerics). Thanks for your help.

-Dwarf from Nyrond
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:40 am  

Dwarf, you said you can't use the Knights of the Watch. Does that also exclude their related orders -- the Knights of the Malgari (the Darkwatch) or the Knights of Dispatch?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:43 pm  

Have you considered making the society so secretive that your player and his PC don't know which order it is? Some NPC feeds info to the PC (a la Deep Throat) or engages the party to go on adventures but the rest of the party does not know why. The NPC keeps telling the PC that all will be revealed in time, and otherwise just gives snippets and vague references.

Just a thought - could be a way to have some fun.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:10 pm  

You could use the description of the Knights Protector of the Great Kingdom from Sword and Fist. The Knights of the Chalice and the order asociated with the Knights of the Middle Circle from Defenders of the Faith are also fairly secretive, if maybe more religious than necessary.

Does this have to be a knightly order, with heavy armor and all the other trappings, or are you envisioning something like James Bond's MI6 or a variant assassins' guild?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:51 pm  
    Thanks

Heya Folks,

Wow, talk about quick responses! Smile I think anything will do, a simple secretive order, a knightly order with heavy armor, James Bond MI6 conclave, all of it sounds good. I'll check out the references of Defenders of the Faith and others.

-Dwarf from Nyrond
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:19 pm  

Depends heavily on what his alignment is - chaotic good? chaotic neutral? Are you trying to steer him in one of those directions, or just want him to feel more involved?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:58 pm  
    His alignment

Hey there,

My players character is Chaotic Good in alignment. He just wants to be more involved in the game.

-Dwarf from Nyrond
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:52 pm  

Well you can't rip it off, but the Dreadwalkers are the guardians of the Dreadwood. You can find some basic information on them through the LG Keoland meta-org book. They are however very strongly tied to the Dreadwood, and wouldn't be suitable for anyone wandering very far from it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:20 pm  

How about the Justicars from Tome and Blood or Complete Warrior?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: