ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dump tzelios
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Dump tzelios
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:32 am  
    Dump tzelios

Dear Canonfirers,

I would like to let you know that I will not be contributing anymore by my own volition. I am very tired to keep up trying to communicate with others in a level that gives me satisfaction.

My opinions, ideas, or suggestions have minimal appeal to this body. This was proven by

1) my recent rejected application for the OJ EiC position,

2) my inability to earn the recent Postfest prize,

3) rejection of my consequitive attempts to instigate case studies.

The only way to keep me with you is to ask me to do something for you. So I will wait a few days to see if canonfire! or OJ editors need me for a task. I will also wait for canonfire! members who would like to collaborate with me.

Regards,

Stelios "Tzelios"-Stelios

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:01 am  

I for one would be sorry to see you stop contributing, but I am glad you did not make EiC. Having English as a second language, I just do not think you would be the best for the job. I do hope that you can contribute the OJ in the capacity of an assistant editor or article contributor, but if that does not happen, I still hope to see you on the boards.

I have enjoyed most of your articles and posts, but am confused by some of them. For example, I have read Greyhawk Content of the Coloring Album, but I still do not know what is the Coloring Album. Was that an actual D&D coloring book that you have expanded upon by describing in character?

"The only way to keep me with you is to ask me to do something for you."

If you want to know what I would like to see from you, it would be things that relate to my campaign. I know that ToEE is your area of expertise, but that is not what I am running. I am running a 1e U1-3 and UK2-3 series followed by I2 and I7. Basically, running around the Hool river and marsh.

I really loved your article “Artifacts of Oerth: The Jacinth of Inestimable Beauty” and would like to see a follow up on it describing the impact it had on Keoland and how it has been used. I have incorporated your article into my campaign, through Tenser’s gemology books in U1, but I sure could use more detail, perhaps the words of Tenser himself. I am also interested in incorporating Drawmij.

CruelSummerLord did a nice job on the Hold of the Sea Princes in Greyhawk Gazetteer Addendum: The Sheldomar Valley, Part 3, but I could use some more concrete information about what the characters will see going up river. I had a forum post that was never answered asking who is the Plar of Hool.

I would also venture to say that the Gran March and Lortmils projects could use some more help.
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:40 am  

Sorry you feel this way Tzelios.

Honestly, though I like your work and am looking forward to seeing more of your work in the OJ.

As for not getting EiC, well I pressed some hard and compelling issues for the ezine and I'm upping the publication dates incredibly! Trust me, you're not forgotten in my list of officers for the OJ, you're in there as a contributing editor as well. I just havent had the time to post that just yet. Thats on todays itenerary.

Now as for not winning Postfest, well the tally isnt all in yet, last week we only had 5 VOTES! ACK! So the voting has been postponed further until that goes through. Also if its any consolation, I haven't won a postfest yet, myself, and really if I do great. If not, oh well, at least I have contributed something to the setting that others can use. =)

If you've got some case studies ideas or articles youre interested in pursueing email the basis of these to me at duicarthan (at) hotmail (dot)com, and I'll be glad to discuss them with you anytime. =)

So chin up there lad, all is well. Even in our darkest hours the strength of will may be our only light! =)
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:52 pm  
    Re: Dump tzelios

Tzelios wrote:

2) my inability to earn the recent Postfest prize,

If you mean this seriously, then, well...I told someone so. Voting on the "best" postfest entries kills the whole idea. Rather than a collaborative creation, it becomes a competition that eventually only the regular winners are interested in.

I'm not interested in competing.
    Nell.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:17 pm  

No. No. No. No.

I'll have Dethand sending me love notes about proper posting ettiquette if I use stronger language so let me just say - No.

Tzelios. You have this all confused, I think.

I did not know about your OJ EiC application but I would support you in that role. English may not be your first language but you both have a good ability to communicate and being EiC does not or should not mean you have to edit every article all by yourself. It is as important to keep people on schedule. But whatever the reason - the OJ is not Canonfire. You are confusing the two and I think this is not correct.

"Winning" the Postfest or not "winning" means almost nothing; the Postfest it is about participation, not winning. Sure. It would be nice to be judged the favorite of the voters but not everyone votes and not winning does not mean people did not like your submission. What is more important - Canonfire is not the Postfest. You are confusing the two and I think this is not correct.

With respect to "case studies," I do not know what you mean. I read your posts eagerly but I do not recall you ever having mentioned "case studies" before. Perhaps, you need to be more explicit or clear in what you mean by "case study." Or I could just be confused. In any event, your value and the value of your posts is not limited to "case studies." Your posts, thoughts and ideas are always highly innovative and well thought out - that is valuable - without consideration of a "case study." You can participate in Canonfire meaningfully without a "case study."

I know you place a great deal of importance on "canon" but you are far and away one of the most innovative of posters as well. Give yourself more credit. Your onamastics, for example, has been vastly influential among Canonfire readers, whether they agree or disagree - you have them speaking your language. You have had a great influence.

And that people disagree with you does not mean they do not value your participation, thoughts and ideas. It would be a dull world if we all agreed about everything. I have not always agreed with you but I respect your opinions all the same. People don't always agree with me either. I think, however, that they never will agree with me if I just say nothing.

If I was asked to pick my Top 10 Canonfire posters, without hesitation, I would put you in that number. I have personally enjoyed your submissions and posts a great deal. I loved the Platonic Solids and it inspired me to write my own version. I could go on.

I know you must be feeling bad to have made the announcement that you have made. I hope you will recover your good feelings and reconsider. You are not correct if you think people do not appreciate your posts. They may not always show it but I think you are greatly respected.

I hope sincerely that you will reconsider. Canonfire is a community and a family and people will have their ups and downs within the community or family. They remain a community or family - Greyhawkers.

Please be open to participating of your own accord in the future.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:45 pm  

Oh my...I imagine I speak for many other lurkers when I say your posts are greatly appreciated.

So when you've finished sulking <EDIT>, I'll really look forward to your next post.

EDITED BY DETHAND 25-7-05 22:52
    CF Admin

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:51 pm  

Leftos wrote:
    So when you've finished sulking <EDIT>, I'll really look forward to your next post.

Its allright to say sulking but it steps over a line when you call someone immature it steps over a line and turns a thread into a flamefest, which is not good. Treat others with respect and you'll get the same 'cause no one loves getting punched in the face with a fist full of roses.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:42 am  

Duicarthan: “you're in there as a contributing editor”.

Congratulations Tzelios, I was hoping for that as I think your emphasis on onamastics will be very helpful to keeping up the quality of OJ.
    CF Admin

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:22 pm  
    Stick Around

Stylianos, I too think you should continue to patronize the Canonfire! Web site, post your thoughts, and make Postfest and Oerth Journal submissions. As noted above by others, you have amazing insight on certain areas of the World of Greyhawk. And, it would be a shame to lose your insight and knowledge.

Please consider our feelings as expressed in this thread. And understand that many silent others value your opinion, insight and contributions. We look forward to working with you at the Web site and the Oerth Journal.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:15 pm  

Well said everyone. Stick around Tzelios, Greyhawk needs you :D

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:28 am  

Thank you guys, I thank you deeply out my heart, you gave me more than necessary energy to continue.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:33 am  
    Though, let it be said...

That I thought it was actually pretty funny, how your first post was so sad and somber, yet that photo (I presume) of you serving as your icon looked so bright and happy. Picturing you saying all that with a smile made me smile too.

~Scott C. :)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: