JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - LG: The Duchy of Berghof
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    LG: The Duchy of Berghof
    CF Admin

Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:20 am  
    LG: The Duchy of Berghof

Living Greyhawk has posted another great Paul Looby and Stuart Kerrigan article. Check out The Duchy of Berghof HERE.

It is a bit longer then normal, which I like. Some cool information on Utavo the Touv, too.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:14 am  

Thanks for the link. I was working on a related article and this changes some things.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:56 pm  

I liked the article, the only problem I had with it was that I thought that writers were supposed to assume that the old modules were successfuly completed? (in which case the Gauntlet would have been destroyed at the end of UK3).... Still a good article which fits well with what was written in the LGG, and is of great use to greyhawkers whether they play LGH or not.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:51 pm  

Quite! In fact, my character, Baroness Denha Deloran has been installed as the Guardian of Adlerweg since 581 CY! Ok, so she had to use her doppelganger cohort to play a danegerous bluffing game with agents of the Scarlet Brotherhood but so far so good.

The return of the Gauntlet is a bit problematic. As if she didn't have enough evil despots after her with Lareth, Devis, the Cult of Blackflame, and the Cabal. And all she has left is a Ring of Shield, which isn't even half as good under 3.5, although at least she can still open all the Arcane Locks in the Keep. Yay. There's no hope for her at all!

Well actually there is. It's only 587 CY in our campaign. I think she might sell up and move somwhere safer... like the Duchy of Tenh.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:16 am  

cwslyclgh wrote:
    I liked the article, the only problem I had with it was that I thought that writers were supposed to assume that the old modules were successfuly completed? (in which case the Gauntlet would have been destroyed at the end of UK3).... Still a good article which fits well with what was written in the LGG, and is of great use to greyhawkers whether they play LGH or not.

Well, you can blame Erik Mona for that. :)
    Utavo is originally his creation and it was he who strongly hinted in his LGJ dispatches that the Gauntlet had returned. Stu and I just built on that foundation. <shrug> :)

P.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:24 am  

Oh and one other thing - this is the last of the series this year. As I'm stepping down from Circle duties as of year's end, it's up in the air whether my successor (as yet unnamed) or Mr "Core" Broadhurst, will be carrying on with them (I hope they do - but nothing's been decided yet).
    On the other hand, next year I'll be terrorising Canonfire with my brain doodlings.

Hope y'all enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing 'em.

P.
    Outgoing LG Circle fella for Europe
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:01 am  

Let not the doodlings die Paul.

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:10 pm  

Woesinger wrote:
    Oh and one other thing - this is the last of the series this year. As I'm stepping down from Circle duties as of year's end, it's up in the air whether my successor (as yet unnamed) or Mr "Core" Broadhurst, will be carrying on with them (I hope they do - but nothing's been decided yet).
    On the other hand, next year I'll be terrorising Canonfire with my brain doodlings.

You're done a good job. I hope you don't abandon LG entirely though, your modules have been really good.

S.H, the guy from Naerie
    CF Admin

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:31 pm  

[quote=&quot;Simpi&quot;]You're done a good job. I hope you don't abandon LG entirely though, your modules have been really good. S.H, the guy from Naerie[/quote]
    Agreed. You've been awesome in&nbsp;Living Greyhawk, Paul. <em>The Traitor's Road</em> and <em>Gateway to Bright Sands</em> are my two most favorite adventures of the campaign. It would be a big loss for the campaign if you went away entirely.

Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:37 am  

Gateway wasn't one of mine, though it was based in Hardby and used the City of the Scorned extensively. Theron Martin is the one who deserves the credit for that.

Thanks for the kind words though!

No - I'm not going away, just setting aside the sceptre (and the editing pen) of the Circle. That should give me more time to do some more writing (as opposed to editing - which I get enough of in my day job).

Early in the new year, I hope to get around to finishing the LG Splintered Sun Gazetteer (an ongoing labour of love started by Creighton Broadhurst, with contributions from various European triadfolk and helpers - including Simpi of this parish). If/when that happens, I'll be sure to post the link here.

P.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:10 am  

Woesinger wrote:

No - I'm not going away, just setting aside the sceptre (and the editing pen) of the Circle. That should give me more time to do some more writing (as opposed to editing - which I get enough of in my day job).

Excellent news.

On related note, i'm preparing an article on Naerie City. Hopefully I can get it done in few months and put it up to Naerie page.

S.H, the guy from Naerie
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:50 am  

cwslyclgh wrote:
    I liked the article, the only problem I had with it was that I thought that writers were supposed to assume that the old modules were successfuly completed? (in which case the Gauntlet would have been destroyed at the end of UK3)

I agree completely with that sentiment. Unfortunately, since the advent of the "return to" series in late 2e, as well as Slavers, this has not been the case. Slavelords long assumed dead in any home campaign that completed the A series are suddenly back, same with giants from GDQ, etc. It's as if the designers feel that to properly capture the the spirit of the old adventures, you have to upgrade the old module to 2e or 3e, rather than present an actual sequel to the action. The exception was Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, which was disappointing in its own ways.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: