JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Knights
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Knights
    Master Greytalker

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:34 pm  
    Knights

I am looking for an article published recently about a Knight of the Golden Dawn or some such. Wasnt there something about an ancient order of elvish knights who resisted fighting in the GH wars?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:16 am  

Not sure how much this helps from the LGG the Faerie Kingdom of Celene is the principal nation of the elves in the Flanaess. The ruler is of Faerie lineage and the Grand Court is imbibed of the Fey Mysteries. Queen Yolande, the Perfect Flower of Celene, Mantle of the Blue Moon: Lady Rhalta of All Elvenkind is foremost in these devotions and maintains Celene's official policy of noninvolvement though many elves have volunteered to fight, the queen merely saw the lives of elves as more important than any other consideration.

The capital is defended by the Companion Guard knights under command of the royal consort. Dissenting groups such as the Knights of Luna serve leaders with different ambitions. Celene is home to the Gray Elves (Gold Elves in later editions)

There is a clan of Gray elves in High Folk by the Timeless Tree (Who Pretty Much Keep to Themselves according to the text)) which is supposed to be the Heart of the Gray elves according to the Marklands page 53.

Hope that helped.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:28 am  
    THanks

Thanks Castlemike!

However what I am looking for is a link someone posted to a story about an elven knight that is uber powerful and is the last of his kind. I believe he was a "Knight of the Golden Dawn," but I am not sure. The story indicated they spend all their time practicing to fight in the GH equivalent of Ragnorak, and hinted they were at Pesh.

Thanks again.

Anced
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:32 am  

You're Welcome Sorry I wasn't able to help.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:48 am  

Oerth Journal #17
    Master Greytalker

Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm  
    OJ

Ok, thanks Nell. It was actually Knights of the Golden Dawn in OJ 16. Now, anyone have any idea what name Chris Anderson uses on CF!, or does he, and if not, where could follow up or where predecessor articles for this one can be found?
    CF Admin

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:34 pm  

How neat to hear of one searching for Chris's story / article. He doesn't frequent CF!, afaik, but posts regularly on GreyTalk. I don't know if he previously posted about his olven order on GT but suspect he'd be pleased to answer your questions on GT...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:04 am  
    Knight of the Golden Dawn

It was mentioned in one of the Oerth Journals, I think- one of the elarier ones. I ran across it just the other day. I'll try to find it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:05 am  

Sorry, didn't see Nellisir's reply. And boy was I wrong about which OJ it was!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:40 pm  
    MTG

MTG... Is Greytalk still active? I went to the archives and it was offline.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:30 pm  

Yes it is though the archives are broken. You'll have to subscribe. (Subcribe to the digest mode to limit cluttering your mailbox!)
    Master Greytalker

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm  
    Thanks

Thanks,

I was actually subscribed, but I think it stopped on it's own. I will do it again.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: