JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Seer
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Seer
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:50 pm  
    The Seer

Has anything been written about this gent since Ghost Tower of Inverness? besides the small blurb in the LGG that says he was exiled from the court of the Duke of Urnst in 572, and was recently seen near castle Muere?
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:56 pm  

I think something may have been mentioned in one of the LG dispatches.
    Sage of Canonfire

Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:09 pm  

I'm going to be writing some about the Seer of Urnst in a forthcoming Dungeon Magazine article.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:23 pm  

cool Gary;
    is it safe to assume that he was exiled because he supported Justinian's anti-cleric obsession?

I had planned on mentioning him as part of the background flavor text for an article I am writing for Dragon, although I wasn't planning on actually doing anything with him... I was going to have him have left something behind when he was exiled (by Karll I am assuming following Justinians death). The rest of the article is about the scrolls he left behind, and the new spells contained there in.

Of course I don't want to write anything that might conflict with that you are writing... so if any of my assumptions above are erronious please correct me :)
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:47 pm  

test
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:39 pm  

Im missing the Ghost Tower reference and not sure which one of these might be connected.

Algorthas the Seer [NPC]
    DRG#298 - 73
    GDQ - 9,14,15,121

Grey Seer [M17][NPC]
    LGJ#4 - 17
    WGR4 - 65,66,88,92

Lorgyr the Seer [NPC]
    LGJ#4 - 17

Seer, The [NPC]
    LGG - 126

Seer, The (Dwarf)[NPC]
    FTAC - 33

Seer of Urnst [NPC]
    LGJ#4 - 16

Shadrakir the Seer [NPC]
    LGJ#5 - 18

Udmey the Seer [NPC]
    LGG - 43
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:29 pm  

Jason,

The Seer in Ghost Tower is the Seer of Urnst. Visiting the Ghost Tower is a mission the party is sent on by the Justinian, Duke of the Duchy of Urnst.
    Sage of Canonfire

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:32 pm  

Reading through this thread made me realize that at one time were going to do an article featuring the Seer, Maure Castle, Eli Tomorast, Warnes Starcoat, and other lore around the Duchy of Urnst.

Whatever happened to those notes...
    GreySage

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:35 pm  

The Seer features in Kirt's campaign blog linked below. I remember that he is the one the PCs seek out in their search for the Ghost Tower of Inverness, but you'll have to ask Kirt where to find it. It should be somewhere within the 2nd page, but that is a lot more searching than I want to do at the moment. :)

http://canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

SirXaris

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:42 am  

SirXaris wrote:
    The Seer features in Kirt's campaign blog linked below.
    http://canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

SirXaris

The Seer appears in Posts 87-90, 101, 103, and 104.

Since the party was in the Yeomanry, I moved the module there and made the Seer into the 'Sage of Highfell'. I made him a Transmuter and filled in some details about his personality and motivation (largely a foil to the Silent Ones, whom he suspected of having designs on the Soul Gem) but much of his dialogue was lifted whole cloth from the original module.

As all the changes and additions I made were necessitated by my campaign, it really shouldn't serve as a source for an article, but I always appreciate the readership.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: