JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Knights of Luna
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Knights of Luna
    Novice

Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 am  
    Knights of Luna

I haven't found the symbol of the order of Knights of Luna and I made it....

What do you think ?

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2585/knightsofluna1ex.jpg

Bye.
    Master Greytalker

Tue May 09, 2006 6:42 am  

Nice work - though it might look a little more balanced if you set the unicorn rampant in the centre of the shield, reduced it a little in size and set a suitably enlarged crescent moon to the left of it (looking at from the front), so that the crescent sort of "brackets" the unicorn.

P.

PS - or if that looks too Cow-that-jumped-over-the-Moon, you might put the unicorn in a green canton (a small square section) in the top left and move the crescent to the centre of the shield.

PPS: Or (after further thought) seperate the two devices with a bend (a diagonal line).

Or you can just leave it as it is if you're happy with it. :)

Last edited by Woesinger on Wed May 10, 2006 7:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue May 09, 2006 7:01 am  

The fine detail in both the unicorn and the moon are very nice.
    Master Greytalker

Tue May 09, 2006 12:26 pm  

The image looks very nice.

That being said, as the Knights of Luna are a more or less secret group,
    would they have any occasion to have or use a heradlric device?
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 pm  

Kirt has a point. Perhaps the Knights of Luna would use such symbols on cloak clasps or signet rings to identify themselves to other members.

There is much precedent for this sort of thing in GH, such as the drow house brooches in the GDQ series, the various temple badges in ToEE, the badges Gnarley Rangers wear, etc.

anyone dispalying a hear;ldric device for a group known to oppose the politics of the Queen of Celened might be in for some tough times. Monarchs do have a way of "confining" dissidents who are too vocal in their objections to the current rule. The Knights of Luna would certainly fall into this category. The term "knights" in the title might be a bit misleading; they are not a true knightly order and would more accurately be described as vigilantes.

Nice symbols though! Happy

Wed May 10, 2006 3:26 pm  

I don't know how secret the Knights are since everyone knows about them and they openly have supporters even in the court rather their relationship is ambivient and cool at the moment with the crown.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 am  

If everyone knows about them the order is known, but for other reasons, beyond a known leader or two the other members are kept secret?

They are masked or disguised when in public. The symbols could be used to say, "Yes, I am a Knight of Luna", forgery other trickery not withstanding.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu May 11, 2006 11:09 pm  

The Knights of Luna are known to be a faction within Celene that is opposed to Yolande's choice of isolationism in the main. The group is not secret, though its members are not openly known.

Melf for instance is secretly a member, as it would not be taken well if everyone knew that a powerful prince of the court openly opposed the queen.

The Knights of Luna isn't some sort of unkown black ops organization. It is simply politically expedient for the members to not reveal their membership so that they can openly operate clandestinely in the interests of the organization. They're just sneaky.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat May 13, 2006 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Novice

Fri May 12, 2006 12:23 am  

Hi! I haven't found that the Knights of Luna are a secret order. I found that is secret their work and the way which the work is done. Melf, obviously, is protected;
    Try to read page 68, "From the Ashes Campaign Book" ......

Anyway I modified the symbol.... Cool

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1222/knightsofluna24uc.jpg

P.S. It's not copyrighted !! You can modify it.... Wink Wink Wink Wink
    Master Greytalker

Fri May 12, 2006 5:34 pm  

hey Darius23, I am in awe of your artistic talent (having none myself).

However of the two images, I like the original more, I never saw clay brown as an elvish colour.

Rather a forest green unless that is to obvious and you want to emphasis the luna aspect perhaps a midnight blue.

Also I am no expert in heraldery but it seems crowded with the two large symbols perhaps one could be smaller, or even the design could be split in half with a unicorn with a green background lower half and an dark blue upper half with a luna moon in a corner. (Hope this is clear)

Just a shot in the dark...
    Novice

Sat May 13, 2006 3:46 pm  

Well, I finished it.... I can't modify anymore. But I like it ! ^^

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5693/knightsofluna37hd.jpg
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun May 14, 2006 1:52 pm  

NIce, I like the latest device the most.
    Master Greytalker

Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 pm  

Much better Smile
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: