Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Anna's Atlas of the Flanaess
Anna's Atlas of the Flanaess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker68
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: I got lucky on ebay Reply with quote

I bought the 2 books from the Greyawk box set on ebay last week for $15.99, and they arrived today. And to my surprise inside the books were both original maps of the Flanaess in pretty much perfect condition ( really high quality folded into squares ), also were 2 giant maps in hex grid of Ravenscrag Castle and the surrounding area's. Any Idea what the maps of Ravenscrag Castle by Derek C. Watson pertain to?
Mystic-Scholar
GreySage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not a clue . . . and Google didn't help. Sad

Unless it's the real world castle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenscraig_Castle

Might I suggest you cast "Summon Rasgon?" Wink
walker68
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
Sorry, not a clue . . . and Google didn't help. Sad

Unless it's the real world castle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenscraig_Castle

Might I suggest you cast "Summon Rasgon?" Wink

thanks for trying though, but another pointed me to Judges Guild. Judges Guild made the universal module Ravenscrag castle 1981 among others.
Mystic-Scholar
GreySage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, must be on page "X" of a Google search. I'll have to try again.
SouthernGent
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenscrag was a Judges Guild Module
walker68
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthernGent wrote:
Ravenscrag was a Judges Guild Module

dont know why the seller put those maps in the greyhawk books but there really well made and HUGE lol.... Im still smiling over the Oerth Maps, and the condition there in.... thought i was only buying the books at that price.
Sander_Kaa
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where the ripper mines in Bone March come from?
jamesdglick
Grandmaster Greytalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where Geshtai's Spring or Fool's Rest are in the Bright Desert? Or is still a "secret" (i.e., up to the DM)?
Dark_Lord_Galen
Paladin
Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,
Might try Dungeon #98 seems like thee was a bright desert article there, but not sure if it is mentioned... but there is a good detail map.
Dark_Lord_Galen
Paladin
Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Sander, I'll sk Anna when I see her this week.it may be part of her private campaign set in that same area.....
jamesdglick
Grandmaster Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
James,
Might try Dungeon #98 seems like thee was a bright desert article there, but not sure if it is mentioned... but there is a good detail map.

-It wasn't (either that, or I need to have my eyes checked Wink). That's why I asked.
bjj8383
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where most of the places in the Duchy of Ulek come from? Specifically Winterdorf, Barleyton, Weaverton, Hurstwerks Keep, Hoch Dunglorin?

Google, Encyclopedia Greyhawkania, Oerth Journal, and my Living Greyhawk modules have been no help.
Dark_Lord_Galen
Paladin
Paladin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna Map News
http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=71374#71374
Dark_Lord_Galen
Paladin
Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Exactly Greyhawk News.... but does show us what the Demi-Goddess of Cartography has been up to of late.
The World of Midgard....
http://midgardmap.koboldpress.com/

It does however give us an idea of her expanding talents and a glimpse at things to come with her new Greyhawk Adventures as seen on her patron account.
https://www.patreon.com/annabmeyer/posts
For any that have been following her patron site, you can see her new banner inspired by the Lendore Isles coming to life as never before....

I for one am excited to see where Greyhawk goes in her and Darlene's combined efforts
Cool
Thanks to Kobold Press for sharing the news.

DLG
Saracenus
Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a day ago Anna posted in the Canonfire! Facebook Group that she will updating this thread soon!

Link to the FB Group thread she posted in...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145589585501508/permalink/1737714096289041/

I look forward to her Greyhawk Maps 2.0 project she is about to begin. She wants to test some new tools and learn some new skills. We all get to be beneficiaries of that effort.
Kirt
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Yeomanry - Singleton and Fort Thomas Reply with quote

Anyone know the sources for Fort Thomas and Singleton at the base of the Jotens in the Yeomanry?

I found nothing in the Living Greyhawk Player's Guide to the Yeomany

Singleton popped up on fan site

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/flanaess/outlying-areas-of-the-yeomanry-f87/index-s25.html

but I cannot tell if that is original or derivitive.
My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
Anna
Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twenty years ago I started mapping the World of Greyhawk for my own campaign, and then decided to share my work on the then emerging Internet. The rest is an history most of you who read this already know about so instead of looking backwards Iím going to try and look forward. Iíve decided to start all over again. Yes I mean starting all over again with mapping the Flanaess, and its surroundings. What on Oerth can make me come to this conclusion?

I want to do this again for three different reasons. The first one is that I know have the experience needed to do it properly. Second, technology is now beginning to be powerful enough to make it possible to do it right. Thirdly Iím so passionate about it that when I see a way to make a much better job I just have to do it!

It took me more than five years of full time work last time, and to remake it the way I want to is not going to much easier. My estimate for this is for it to take around 5 years of work. How long that will actually take depends on how much time I can devote to it. If I do this as a hobby like last time it will be a decade or so. Thankfully there is a way for you to make it possible for me to devote more time to it, support my Patreon. With a little bit more support mapping the world of Greyhawk will be an ongoing project that I can treat as an commissioned project, with more support it can be my major project or maybe even a full time undertaking. We will see how that develop, it will be my hobby and passion anyway, and also be a big part of my research and development. so I will work on one way or the other.

So what are goals this time around?

Full elevation model with increased detail to 100/pixel. Enough to make it useful for outdoor adventures by visualizing what an area actually looks like. This can also serve as a solid base for city and encounter maps to be developed that will match the surrounding terrain. Below is an example of the difference in resolution and a proper elevation model.

Global Precision, the Flanaess needs to be accurately placed this time to make it possible to expand the project to cover other parts of Oerth as well.

Meta data part of the project from the start. I want to make use of modern GIS (Geographical Information System) standards to make it possible to keep track of things and form a base for better forms of presentation and varied use.

Presentation and format needs to be a major focus for this project. The current map is only top down in two formats, JPG and PDF. Next time the data needs to be usable in many more ways. I envision things like game engines, GIS tools, RPG campaign tools like Realm Works, webb based maps and more.

To go along with the data should be a set of graphical symbols 2D and 3D, graphical elements fonts and more specially designed to present the World of Greyhawk at its finest.

All my Greyhawk content have been free to download and published under the Creative Commons -by -nc license. This going to be the case going forward as well. If Wizard of the Coast changing their stance of Greyhawk fan created content, I might have to look into what they offer, but that is only hypothetical and my guess is that it will remain so for the foreseeable future. Creative Commons -by -nc, gives you the permission to use, alter and share the content for non commercial purposes as long as the source is indicated.

The main goal with this is that whatever comes out of this should be used by Greyhawk fans and others as much as possible and serve as a platform for anyone who wants to run games set in Greyhawk. That means that it needs to be accessible, modifiable and sharable.

How to try and tackle this huge undertaking?

Iím in the planning stage right now, and there are several bits and pieces that needs to fall in place before actual work can begin. This is what most of this year will be occupied with. 2018 revision of the existing map will be more thorough than previous years to make it more compatible with the future content. This is important since it will be years until all of it can be replaced with a new version, so the old have to live side by side with the new as good as possible. My existing map is also my main guide when mapping it again, and we want as good of a guide as possible.

The Oerth Geo Referencing project is what I will call my effort to try and place the Flanaess properly on Oerth. I will try and use all the data from Greyhawk canon sources as well as some of the great pieces written on the topic and try and implement them using GIS tools.

In order to set both standards and work-flow small test areas needs to be mapped. The first one out is the Lendore Isles. Islands are good pilot areas since they are separate from the mainland and can more easily be imported and merged with future content.

These three parts will probably keep me busy this year, and if there are time over there are always interesting tidbits to dig into. things like city sketches, heraldry and touch up other old stuff hidden in various placesÖ

If you want to join me on this journey please consider supporting my Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/annabmeyer

I'll look into Fort Thomas and Singleton Kirt
Kirt
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna wrote:
I'll look into Fort Thomas and Singleton Kirt

Please save your time for your amazing creative work!

(And lamashtu found the references for me in LG Yeomanry modules 3-05 and 4-01).

I already use your maps in my campaign, so I will encourage the members of my gaming group to support your Patreon.
My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
Kirt
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Anna's site? Reply with quote

All formerly separate map links now redirect to a single, low resolution, map of the continent.

Does anyone know what gives?

Is this preparation for an unveiling, or has Anna decided to restrict access to her work?

Or is there just a temporary server error?

Update: Her Patreon Page has a post today saying "Website Trouble". That is the most relieved I have ever been to read those words!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Dark_Lord_Galen
Paladin
Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anna on her Patron Support Site Says wrote:

My website http://ghmaps.net is down due to some wordpress issues. I have a temporary site up and running. It is only a landing page and a contact page at the moment. More will come soon.

If you need any links to files or so, comment here or send me a message through Patreon or email me at anna@ghmaps.net

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy Holidays from DLG in behalf of the Demi-Goddess of Cartography
EltonJ
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Happy Holidays from DLG in behalf of the Demi-Goddess of Cartography

Well, technically the holiday season did start.
Lanthorn
GreySage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no joke!

I love accessing her maps. They have become an utterly integral part of my campaigns. I hope this issue gets rectified soon. I am sure my campaigns would suffer greatly otherwise...

-Lanthorn, paying homage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: