JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Temple of Elemental Evil: Maps Redux
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Temple of Elemental Evil: Maps Redux
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 am  
    Temple of Elemental Evil: Maps Redux

I am slowly reworking the maps from The Temple of Elemental Evil (AD&D 1st Ed, 1985), into high-resolution maps. I'm using Dunjinni and Photoshop to create these for use with d20pro virtual tabletop software. I will update this as I (slowly) add more maps. So far, I have the moathouse, moathouse dungeons, Inn of the Welcome Wench, the Waterside Hostel in Nulb, and the 1st Dungeon Level for the Temple complete.

I hope someone finds these useful.

Last edited by Tintagel on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:31 am  

I created a 3D model of the Temple of Elemental Evil and surrounding courtyard, just to give my players a sense of scale, and to give me an excuse to learn Google SketchUp.

This took about 3.5 hours to create, and was created from a 2-D floorplan (included with the model).

See my blog post for more info, and please let me know what you think!

Fri May 04, 2007 10:14 am  

UPDATE: MORE MAPS!! - Added May 4th, 2007
    MORE MAPS!!

A friend of mine from the Dundjinni forums, Steve Gadreau, has made several random encounter and wilderness maps for my Temple of Elemental Evil project. His work is, frankly, stunning - you must see it. Click the images below for the link.

Last edited by Tintagel on Sun May 13, 2007 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat May 05, 2007 3:58 am  

Great maps!!! Shocked

I also use Dundjinni and Photoshop for mapping. Doing the basic work in Dundjinni just makes things so much easier. I still have much to learn though.

If you are interested in helping out with any mapping for the Oerth Journal then drop Rick/Duicarthan a line at

oerthjournal@gmail.com

The contributions of mappers and artists are always very much appreciated, particularly now as we intend to step things up a notch.

---Cebrion

Sun May 13, 2007 5:05 pm  

Update: fixed the links on the thumbnails, above. They were not correctly linking to the map page.

Thanks for the invite Cebrion, but I think that for the next year, I will be up to my eyeballs in trying to finish the Temple of Elemental Evil. Thanks though!

Oh, here is another map: An isometric map of the Village of Nulb. "A wretched hive of scum and villainy," you might call it.

Anyways, here it is. You can get the high-res version (with and without grids) at my website. Just click on the image.

Apprentice Greytalker

Thu May 24, 2007 12:16 pm  

Update: Broken Tower (Temple Grounds) - Added May 24th, 2007

This is the tower located in the NE corner of the temple grounds. I tried to keep it very close to the written descriptions in the module.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:53 am  

These are excellent. I'm running a party through RTOEE at the moment so they are particularly useful. Keep it up, Tintagel.
    Novice

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:00 pm  

does anyone still read these posts
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 am  

lordtibit wrote:
    does anyone still read these posts

this one?

i even tried to print the moathose , but it would take lots and lots of paper!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:31 pm  

People still view the post, but haven't replied in some time. I'm curious how much more work Tintagel has done on these maps. But, rather than dredge up the thread just to do so, how about sending a PM to Tintagel to see what is up with his mapping project?

You've been told how to fish, so go try it out. (hopefully Tintagel will answer) Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    People still view the post, but haven't replied in some time. I'm curious how much more work Tintagel has done on these maps. But, rather than dredge up the thread just to do so, how about sending a PM to Tintagel to see what is up with his mapping project?

You've been told how to fish, so go try it out. (hopefully Tintagel will answer) Wink

theres no update to his site for a long time, but theres so much good stuff in it!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: