Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - A Geographical and Historical Survey of the Duchy of Berghof
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    A Geographical and Historical Survey of the Duchy of Berghof
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:03 am  
    A Geographical and Historical Survey of the Duchy of Berghof

Great history in this piece Paul. I really like it when members of the community expand into new areas using the work of others as you and Wolfsire have done with Sam's excellent Keoland-focused work. I never had been interested much in the Sea Princes before, but now you and Wolfsire have me hooked. I may need to dust off C1 as a jumping off point to get my players to the Sea Princes and Berghof. A chance to finally run UK's 1-3!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 am  

Much obliged, sir. ::tips hat::
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:50 am  

smillan_31, don't forget UK4 and 6. UK4 is not canon for the area, but it should be. You can find discussions of that in a forum search. UK6 is in the Amedio, but it is accessed through a place in Jeklea called Port Elizabeth which is just about were Sasserine is.

Woesinger, thanks for the article. I’m not big on the Berghof being Suel, but other than that, I though it was great. I definitely has much that I want to look into further; particularly the Jeklea history.

Just in case anyone is interested here are the links to my two Berghof articles.

The Prison, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=773

The Spiritual Legacy of Lake Spendlowe and the Proto-Olman,
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=777
    Master Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:50 am  

I am cited again! ACK!!!
    Cool

It looks interesting, even though I still lean to it being Oeridian and not Suel. I see you've addressed several of the difficult issues, like securing the inland passage. Very interesting indeed.
    Of course, this means I'll have to respond with more rantings about Aerdy. Laughing
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:17 am  

Wolfsire wrote:
    smillan_31, don't forget UK4 and 6. UK4 is not canon for the area, but it should be. You can find discussions of that in a forum search. UK6 is in the Amedio, but it is accessed through a place in Jeklea called Port Elizabeth which is just about were Sasserine is.

Thanks Wolfsire, I don't have UK6 although I did take part in the discussion on UK4 a little while back.

I love most everything the UK team did. In fact I'm using B10 "Night's Dark Terror" in the next step of my current 576 CY game to establish a base for the players, although I'm going to modify it by having it eventually lead into UK 5 "Eye of the Serpent." Instead of having the players start out at the top of the mountain like the module does I'm going to have them start at the bottom with the peak being their goal. I'm placing it in the Pomarj on the north slope of the Drachensgrabs.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:14 am  

Samwise wrote:

Of course, this means I'll have to respond with more rantings about Aerdy. Laughing

That's what you get for messing with Nyrond.

Lynwerd's got a posse! Laughing
    Master Greytalker

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:16 am  

Wolfsire wrote:

Woesinger, thanks for the article. I’m not big on the Berghof being Suel, but other than that, I though it was great. I definitely has much that I want to look into further; particularly the Jeklea history.

Yeah - I thought I'd publish my heresy and be damned. I did mention that both Suel and Oeridian refugees found their way up there in an attempt to avoid the stake. Smile
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 am  

Woesinger wrote:
    Yeah - I thought I'd publish my heresy and be damned. I did mention that both Suel and Oeridian refugees found their way up there in an attempt to avoid the stake. Smile

I am glad you did publish. And because the issue has been argued before, I only wanted to register my opinion, not make any jabs.

But, you got me going so I am just going to have to blurt it out. Wink While I think Oeridian is a better choice for Berghof, IIRC neither Oeridian or Suel is addressed as canon so either would be apocrypha- consistent with canon. However, '83 Guide p. 8 says that the two tribes did not mix in the Hold, so putting them both in Berghof is a heresy! Laughing

Sorry. Thanks again.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: