Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Castle Greyhawk Campaign: Sources?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Castle Greyhawk Campaign: Sources?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:18 pm  
    Castle Greyhawk Campaign: Sources?

I am shortly beginning a new campaign based on Castle Greyhawk circa 576 CY. I own Greyhawk Ruins. What other sources are there on the illustrious castle? I am aware of Castle Zagig and Yggsburgh, but Gary Gygax himself has admitted that those products preserve the flavor but not necessarily the exactness of Castle Greyhawk.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:00 am  

GH Ruins is it, I think - though there's probably tangential mentions of the castle and its environs in the City of Greyhawk boxed set, From the Ashes and The Adventure Begins.

Castle Greyhawk (the module) is a parody version of the real castle.

P.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:37 am  
    Re: Castle Greyhawk Campaign: Sources?

airwalkrr wrote:
    I am shortly beginning a new campaign based on Castle Greyhawk circa 576 CY. I own Greyhawk Ruins. What other sources are there on the illustrious castle? I am aware of Castle Zagig and Yggsburgh, but Gary Gygax himself has admitted that those products preserve the flavor but not necessarily the exactness of Castle Greyhawk.

For a time EGG revived the old Up on a Soapbox column in Dragon (late 2E or early 3x???) and in several installments, he wrote about Castle Greyhawk. Sorry, but I don't have the issue numbers immediately at hand. Hope this helps anyway.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:43 am  
    Re: Castle Greyhawk Campaign: Sources?

GVDammerung wrote:
    airwalkrr wrote:

For a time EGG revived the old Up on a Soapbox column in Dragon (late 2E or early 3x???) and in several installments, he wrote about Castle Greyhawk. Sorry, but I don't have the issue numbers immediately at hand. Hope this helps anyway.

That's true. From what I remember, those were quite good reads as well. I have the issues at home (workin now) and will put them here tomorrow morning if no-one beats me to it.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:23 pm  

Feel free to check out my EGG Soapbox archive @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources_soapbox.html as well as my various other Castle Greyhawk sources listed @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources.html

I'm sure there are other undocumented sources out there, so if you find any, do please let me know!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:26 am  

grodog wrote:
    Feel free to check out my EGG Soapbox archive @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources_soapbox.html as well as my various other Castle Greyhawk sources listed @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_sources.html

I'm sure there are other undocumented sources out there, so if you find any, do please let me know!

Good call Happy . I seem to be missing most of my Dungeon mags from that era anyway... Mad

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:55 pm  

Rooting around, I find the obscure Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Essays on Roleplaying by Jolly Roger Games in which EGG pens "To Forge a Fantasy World: Greyhawk's Creation,"pp.70-86, which discusses how CGH and CoG came to be and interrelate to WoG. Specific details are, however, sparse. Still, I thought I'd mention it. I am not sure how available this title is, I have only ever seen the one copy, which I immediately purchased (MSRP $20). If it is EGG on GH or near-GH, they have my money. Laughing Happy

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:30 pm  

GVDammerung wrote:
    Rooting around, I find the obscure Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Essays on Roleplaying by Jolly Roger Games in which EGG pens "To Forge a Fantasy World: Greyhawk's Creation,"pp.70-86, which discusses how CGH and CoG came to be and interrelate to WoG. Specific details are, however, sparse. Still, I thought I'd mention it. I am not sure how available this title is, I have only ever seen the one copy, which I immediately purchased (MSRP $20). If it is EGG on GH or near-GH, they have my money. Laughing Happy

It's a very good essay, and goes into more detail on the origins of the GH campaign works (castle, city, and milleux) than the Dragon Annual #2 article does (I think that's the issue). Well-worth picking up if you can find it.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: