Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Sunelan Coast (most current incarnation, anyway)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Sunelan Coast (most current incarnation, anyway)
    Admin Emeritus

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:12 am  
    Sunelan Coast (most current incarnation, anyway)

Well, for my own campaign's purposes, I have detailed what I've called the Sunelan Coast, named for the people who rule it (the Suel), and the people who lived there before they showed up (the Nelani).

For the purposes of working out it's history, I have also detailed (though somewhat more fluidly) some of the surrounding nations, namely the Niphosian Empire (where Nippon sits on the map) and pushed Changol & Jahind to the western coast of the "horn" of Nippon.

Since my current campaign's endgame will take place mostly in Sunela/Niphos and it's environs, I'll be doing alot more shoring up of my ideas over the next few months.

The Sunelan Imperium is a predominantly Suel-influenced land of five nation-states, with a strong dose of the nearly extinct Nelani culture giving it a somewhat less evil bent than some other nations we could name. Detailed maps are on my website and posted here, years ago.

Changol is a predominantly olven nation, whose culture most strongly resembles the mri of C.J. Cherryh's Faded Suns trilogy (I'm not above borrowing ideas, I will admit). Something of an incomplete thought, as I have yet to figure out how they do any agriculture (you'd have to know the books to understand <g>).

Jahind is a more Indian flavored realm, firmly LE, and ruled by a succession of rakshasha padishahs. I'll admit that this is as far as I have taken this thought.

Niphos, "The Imperial Claw of Niphos", or simply the Niphosian Empire, is a land administered by yuan-ti nobles in service to an ancient dragon, a mongrel of green and jade. The nobles are served by a succession of under-castes, with bamboo olven samurai, hobgoblin bushi, and a truly wretched caste of Nelani human serfs. Again, a wealth of development ideas, but no hard details as yet.
    Admin Emeritus

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:31 am  

Oh, and I forgot the Huuncha League, a nation founded by hobgoblins who fled from the service of Niphos, who control the large group of islands in the middle of the gulf. Militant and piratical, they exist as a thorn in the sides of both Sunela and Niphos.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: