JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 am  
    Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff

Hi Kevin Again. any Ideas on where to get used second edition products for reasonable prices. I am trying to rebuild my collection

Thanks
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:49 am  

Not used, but you can get a lot of stuff reasonably priced on pdf at piazo.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 am  

I buy tons of stuff off of ebay and amazon. some times you have to watch some items for a while because they are rare and have a high value but eventually the price comes down.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 pm  
    Re: Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff

kevinthelazy wrote:
    Hi Kevin Again. any Ideas on where to get used second edition products for reasonable prices. I am trying to rebuild my collection

Thanks

There is some older stuff among the free downloads here:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

There are also the very inexpensive PDFs whih may be found by following the links here:

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD1

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD2

Just browse the categories. Lots of goodies there.

If you want hard copies of things then your best bet is e-bay or Amazon.com, or AbeBooks.com and other used book dealers.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 pm  

I've had good experiences with Noble Knight Games.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:43 pm  

I was able to put together nearly a complete set of AD&D stuff in about a month simply scouring used book stores and old hobby shops. Here is KC there is a shop (actually in Independence, MO) called Monty's which has been around for around twenty years. It is a treasure trove of gaming books. I got the entire Grand Conjunction Ravenloft series there for about thirty bucks in mint condition, if not brand new altogether.

I cleaned them out of Greyhawk stuff, but they still have assloads of AD&D like the Complete Series, Monstrous Manuals, PHB's and DMG's.

Here is the info on the place:

Monty's Book Swap
    (816) 737-1427
    9302 E Us-40, Independence, MO 6405

Hopefully you are close enough to check it out, if you are not, maybe someone else can.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 pm  

I'm sure if you don't mind pdf versions, you can find a torrent of options available to you. Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:38 am  

DMPrata wrote:
    I've had good experiences with Noble Knight Games.

same here!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:58 am  

I find that you can find tons of older roleplaying books at used bookstores. In Edmonton, AB, there is a chain of bookstores called the Wee Book Inn that buys and sells used books exclusively.

There is also a specialty shop called Whyte Knight that has TONS of used 2nd Edition books and supplements. They even have quite a few of the old 2E boxed sets. If you are ever in Edmonton then I suggest visiting the store.

Whyte Knight Toys & Games
    Address: 10326 82 Avenue Northwest, No. 201, Edmonton, T6E 1Z8
    Phone: +1 780 439 5299

Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:50 pm  

Knightfall1972 wrote:
    I find that you can find tons of older roleplaying books at used bookstores. In Edmonton, AB, there is a chain of bookstores called the Wee Book Inn that buys and sells used books exclusively.

There is also a specialty shop called Whyte Knight that has TONS of used 2nd Edition books and supplements. They even have quite a few of the old 2E boxed sets. If you are ever in Edmonton then I suggest visiting the store.

cant find a website. do they have one?
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:44 pm  

In addition to Noble Knight, check out The Dragon's Trove and Hitpointe.com. I've done business with all three over the years and found them very helpful (Hitpointe sent me second copy of the Scarlet Brotherhood when the one I ordered arrived without a map). I also bought some stuff from Titan Games before they moved to Ebay. I think the Sage's Guild shut down, but they were good too.

I'm not a fan of pdf's, but there are a lot of free ones floating around if you do some searches. Some of them can be viewed without downloading.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am  

rossik wrote:
    Knightfall1972 wrote:

cant find a website. do they have one?

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'no'. I'll ask them the next time I'm there, however.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: