Username Password
  or Create an Account
Welcome to... Canonfire! World of GreyhawK
Features
Greyhawk Wiki

#greytalk-discord
    JOIN THE CHAT
    Canonfire :: View topic - Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff
    Author Message
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Jan 05, 2008
    Posts: 20


    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:00 am  
    Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff

    Hi Kevin Again. any Ideas on where to get used second edition products for reasonable prices. I am trying to rebuild my collection

    Thanks
    Grandmaster Greytalker

    Joined: Nov 23, 2004
    Posts: 1212


    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:49 am  

    Not used, but you can get a lot of stuff reasonably priced on pdf at piazo.
    _________________
    Plar of Poofy Pants
    Journeyman Greytalker

    Joined: Jun 13, 2008
    Posts: 184
    From: Houston Texas

    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 am  

    I buy tons of stuff off of ebay and amazon. some times you have to watch some items for a while because they are rare and have a high value but eventually the price comes down.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

    Joined: Feb 16, 2003
    Posts: 3760
    From: So. Cal

    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 pm  
    Re: Getting D & D Second Edition Stuff

    kevinthelazy wrote:
    Hi Kevin Again. any Ideas on where to get used second edition products for reasonable prices. I am trying to rebuild my collection

    Thanks


    There is some older stuff among the free downloads here:

    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

    There are also the very inexpensive PDFs whih may be found by following the links here:

    http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD1

    http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD2

    Just browse the categories. Lots of goodies there.

    If you want hard copies of things then your best bet is e-bay or Amazon.com, or AbeBooks.com and other used book dealers.
    Master Greytalker

    Joined: May 12, 2005
    Posts: 850
    From: Woonsocket, RI, USA

    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 pm  

    I've had good experiences with Noble Knight Games.
    Adept Greytalker

    Joined: Feb 20, 2008
    Posts: 594


    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:43 pm  

    I was able to put together nearly a complete set of AD&D stuff in about a month simply scouring used book stores and old hobby shops. Here is KC there is a shop (actually in Independence, MO) called Monty's which has been around for around twenty years. It is a treasure trove of gaming books. I got the entire Grand Conjunction Ravenloft series there for about thirty bucks in mint condition, if not brand new altogether.

    I cleaned them out of Greyhawk stuff, but they still have assloads of AD&D like the Complete Series, Monstrous Manuals, PHB's and DMG's.

    Here is the info on the place:

    Monty's Book Swap
    (816) 737-1427
    9302 E Us-40, Independence, MO 6405

    Hopefully you are close enough to check it out, if you are not, maybe someone else can.
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Feb 27, 2005
    Posts: 59
    From: Winnipeg Canada

    Send private message
    Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 pm  

    I'm sure if you don't mind pdf versions, you can find a torrent of options available to you. Wink
    Adept Greytalker

    Joined: Mar 13, 2008
    Posts: 563
    From: brazil

    Send private message
    Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:38 am  

    DMPrata wrote:
    I've had good experiences with Noble Knight Games.


    same here!
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Feb 05, 2003
    Posts: 15
    From: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Send private message
    Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:58 am  

    I find that you can find tons of older roleplaying books at used bookstores. In Edmonton, AB, there is a chain of bookstores called the Wee Book Inn that buys and sells used books exclusively.

    There is also a specialty shop called Whyte Knight that has TONS of used 2nd Edition books and supplements. They even have quite a few of the old 2E boxed sets. If you are ever in Edmonton then I suggest visiting the store.

    Whyte Knight Toys & Games
    Address: 10326 82 Avenue Northwest, No. 201, Edmonton, T6E 1Z8
    Phone: +1 780 439 5299
    _________________
    I write; therefore, I am!
    Adept Greytalker

    Joined: Mar 13, 2008
    Posts: 563
    From: brazil

    Send private message
    Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:50 pm  

    Knightfall1972 wrote:
    I find that you can find tons of older roleplaying books at used bookstores. In Edmonton, AB, there is a chain of bookstores called the Wee Book Inn that buys and sells used books exclusively.

    There is also a specialty shop called Whyte Knight that has TONS of used 2nd Edition books and supplements. They even have quite a few of the old 2E boxed sets. If you are ever in Edmonton then I suggest visiting the store.

    Whyte Knight Toys & Games
    Address: 10326 82 Avenue Northwest, No. 201, Edmonton, T6E 1Z8
    Phone: +1 780 439 5299


    cant find a website. do they have one?
    Adept Greytalker

    Joined: Jul 29, 2006
    Posts: 467
    From: Dantredun, MN

    Send private message
    Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:44 pm  

    In addition to Noble Knight, check out The Dragon's Trove and Hitpointe.com. I've done business with all three over the years and found them very helpful (Hitpointe sent me second copy of the Scarlet Brotherhood when the one I ordered arrived without a map). I also bought some stuff from Titan Games before they moved to Ebay. I think the Sage's Guild shut down, but they were good too.

    I'm not a fan of pdf's, but there are a lot of free ones floating around if you do some searches. Some of them can be viewed without downloading.
    Apprentice Greytalker

    Joined: Feb 05, 2003
    Posts: 15
    From: Edmonton, AB, Canada

    Send private message
    Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am  

    rossik wrote:
    Knightfall1972 wrote:
    I find that you can find tons of older roleplaying books at used bookstores. In Edmonton, AB, there is a chain of bookstores called the Wee Book Inn that buys and sells used books exclusively.

    There is also a specialty shop called Whyte Knight that has TONS of used 2nd Edition books and supplements. They even have quite a few of the old 2E boxed sets. If you are ever in Edmonton then I suggest visiting the store.

    Whyte Knight Toys & Games
    Address: 10326 82 Avenue Northwest, No. 201, Edmonton, T6E 1Z8
    Phone: +1 780 439 5299


    cant find a website. do they have one?


    I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'no'. I'll ask them the next time I'm there, however.
    Display posts from previous:   
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

    Jump to:  

    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum


    Forums ©


    Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

    Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!


    Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

    PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.28 Seconds