ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Onnwal Project
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Onnwal Project
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:59 am  
    Onnwal Project

<plug>
    Onnwal Project - a site which will archive the Onnwal material created for Living Greyhawk with a view to it being used in home campaigns...

http://www.skerrigan.co.uk/Onnwal

and it has a 48 page gazetteer of Onnwal for download!

</plug>

Last edited by WavesCrest on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Master Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 am  

Thanks, WavesCrest. Onnwal has never really featured heavily IMC but may well become an important area (depending on player whims of course) in the near future. Superb timing; I'll be checking in frequently.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:09 pm  

Thanks indeed Smile

I have always considered the Onnwal site and the material produced; one of the better LG regions.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:16 pm  

Thanks for the info! I've only had a chance to glance at the Pdf sourcebook, but it looks very nice indeed.

One thing that just popped right out at me as extra cool was the map of Scant. Designing the city as a long promontory jutting out into the ocean was a fine piece of creative imagination.

Looking forward to reading more!

nematode
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm  

Looks good! I noticed the following in the gazetteer: "Azharadian, the legendary Aerdi general, crushed the last remnants of Suel resistance in 598 OR."

Later, under the description of The Pillar of Azharadian, it states that, "It
    commemorates the Aerdi conqueror Azharadian, whom legend says died there six hundred years ago."

In what (Flanaess calendar) year was the gazetteer published?

Don
    GreySage

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:17 pm  

IronGolem wrote:
    Looks good! I noticed the following in the gazetteer: "Azharadian, the legendary Aerdi general, crushed the last remnants of Suel resistance in 598 OR." In what (Flanaess calendar) year was the gazetteer published?

Don

The last date I see in the history is 586 CY. but it must take place sometime after that.

Note that 598 OR is equivalent to -47 CY.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:05 pm  

The Gazetteer reflects 591 CY, prior to any events in the Living Greyhawk campaign.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 pm  

I'm glad to see you guys not only archiving this material but offering it to the community. I wish more people would do this.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:43 am  

Does anyone know if other LG Greyhawk regions are doing this?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 am  

BTW, excellent site for Onnwal.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 pm  

Search by region name and you should find what external sites are out there. Start here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/region/geoff

Go to each region and then go to the *external site* for each region. If a page is pulled up, then it's still active. If not, then its dead and you ought to try a Google search to see if the site has moved elsewhere, or to see if it is active at all. The external link to Bissel is dead, but Geoff is active. Continue on from there.

If somebody has(or is willing to gather) a list of the currently active external Living Greyhawk regional sites, especially for any sites that the Living Greyhawk links are dead for, by all means post them here.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:29 am  

I've been gathering the information from all over for personal use but I'm way behind and I expect a lot of the sites will disappear soon enough.

Sadly copyright issues will prevent publication any time soon but I promise I'll publish it all when I'm dead. Happy
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    I'm glad to see you guys not only archiving this material but offering it the the community. I wish more people would do this.

I will be working on that this year for the Bandit Kingdoms region. I had hoped to have it done by now, but I needed a break from writing/editing after my LG responsibilities ended last summer. My upcoming postfest submission will summarize some LG plot material.

Casey
    former BK Triad
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 pm  

Surely it will be good sized bit of work to do, but the community will surely love you for it. Happy

At some pooint in the future we'll be compiling a page of links to such sites as this, and/or setting up a back-up archive for those wanting to provide material for it. This would likely be just a simple file back-up archive which would not be viewable on Canonfire! so as to not take anything away from the effort that was put into the external sites in the first place. If something were to happen to the external site content, there would be a separate Canonfire! file back-up to draw from. If somebody didn't want to set up an external site, we could then host their material in a viewable format.

I'm not really sure on the specifics of such an archive as it hasn't been discussed at any great length or in detail, but as for my thoughts on the matter a little redundancy is never a bad thing. Redgardless of whether this ever happens or not, please post announcements regarding any external archived Living Greyhawk information. Shameless self-promotion is not only encouraged, it is expected! Laughing

Last edited by Cebrion on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:06 am  

Thanks - as an aside I've uploaded a lot of additional material to the site - there's easily enough now to run an Onnwal home campaign. I will probably upload scenarios as well but converting them to 3.5 or redoing the maps in a vaguely professional smanner will be the most time consuming activity.

I'm using PDF for all the new archived material as I promised myself I'd get a nicely bound facsimile Onnwal gazetteer + scenarios to sit on my shelf.

Stuart

http://www.skerrigan.co.uk/Onnwal
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:06 am  

Absolutely wonderful!:)

This is top quality stuff here!:)

Stuart, expect me to be visiting...often! Laughing
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 pm  

Hey Stuart... I'm quite pleased that the LG Onnwal material (at least the basic background info) is being preserved on the net. So much of LG is doomed to wither and blow away. I only hope more LG regions get around to doing this.

The scenarios that you say you plan on uploading... are they summaries of LG rounds, or the actual adventures? I'm guessing there's the issue of the elephant in the room when it comes to making available LG mods. Are there any Onnwal writers willing to strip out the Greyhawk nouns and non-OGL mechanics?

Denis, aka "Maldin"
    Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com
    Loads of edition-independent Greyhawk goodness... maps, magic, mysteries, mechanics, the home of the Irongate Project, and more!
    Forum Moderator

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:17 pm  

Kudos, Stuart! The fine folks with Onnwal have always been a top notch community.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: