Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Pre-painted Miniatures
Pre-painted Miniatures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Secret Skeleton Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Pre-painted Miniatures Reply with quote

So a friend of mine paints miniatures for a living and is a master of the quick n' dirty methods of doing so.

He has offered to try a pre-painted miniatures deal for my company on a trial basis.

Is this a good idea to any of you? I am not in a position to make any extra money per sale, the cost different would go to Matt (the painter) so my interest really only lies in seeing if it would be something you guys (gamers) would want.

Costs would be like $10.00 or so per miniature, but the quality would be far higher than wotc. Far higher.

Regardless, I am going to give it a go, just because Matt says he wants to do it.
Krimeah
Apprentice Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea... i just wished i didn't lived so far away.

Last edited by Krimeah on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krimeah wrote:
Great idea... i just wished i didn't lived so far away.

I can ship to Denmark. First Class Mail usually is not too pricey, you just have to dig around with options. The most reliable I have found for from the US to anywhere is Priority Mail Flat-Rate International, which ships four pounds of stuff for about $13.00. Four pounds is a lot of miniatures.
TheocratIssak
Site Theocrat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Clearing the Painting Table Reply with quote

Hi all -
I'm all for this. Just the past couple days I've been re-arranging my gaming room (despite what the Evol WifeFIEND says, our other kid is not moving in and taking my room - unless he sleep on the floor).
With my tons of Reaper and other mini's - on the wall painted, and far too many just painted base coat white (plastic WotC's are in organized bags in a box). In fact, last night I had to take acetone to one mini because I painted it white 10 years ago (date on mini says 1997) and wish to utilize it for my Wizard in an upcoming Kingmaker game. So I'm all for pre-painted mini's - plastic or metal. Not sure how it all works. Plus - if you're selling a War Hound for $5 as is - and my time at painting (it'll take me a good 8hrs to paint a mini the way I want it) I'm way ahead by buying it pre-painted at $10. Even a fast job by a good artist is much better.
Besides, lots of people don't have a paint room and table and some 300+ paints (those cheap Folk Art/DecoArt and others). So I think this could very well be useful. And I've never been real good at painting dogs.

Another reason for having them pre-painted...a lot of times (whether I'm using the generic $1 Walmart brand or the $10 Citadel brand) I'll get the dustying looking to my base coat. Not sure how to prevent it. Shake can really well, shake can as I spray, don't do it when it's 110' outside. I don't know - but as a pre-painted mini, it shouldn't have that. So yet another bonus.
Now I really need a job to pay for all these mini's that you and Mick are doing.

Be Well. Be Well Miniaturized.
Theocrat Issak
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put up a few pre-painted miniatures and see how well they do. If they do good, I will pursue more.
Argon
Grandmaster Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea I still have to paint my witch queens of the north. So yes i'm interested. Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Secret Skeleton Miniatures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: