Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dungeon #112 Maure Castle/Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Dungeon #112 Maure Castle/Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:16 pm  
    Dungeon #112 Maure Castle/Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure

Am I the only one that was WOWed by this AMAZING issue of DUNGEON magazine?

I loved WG5 -- and still have my original 1984 edition of the module!

DUNGEON did an excellent job presenting the material in 3E rules. A great set of introductions -- additional game material -- and a complete set of monsters -- including the Demon, Kerzit the Guardian stats!

I was impressed by the new level too -- the Statuary -- another complete level -- with the potential of jumping off into a number of really great storylines.

I am going to have a great time using this material in my next Greyhawk campaign.

Really looking forward to other Greyhawk material Paizo might put out in future editions!

Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:46 pm  

I haven't picked it up yet but I've got it on order. I come from Australia so it's taking a bit longer to arrive but, yes, I'm really looking forward to it.

I have a few questions though. Who were the pre-generated characters in the original WG5 and what were their levels? I know Mordenkainen was one.

Now, here's my second question: In "The Adventure Begins", it says that WG5 was set at approximately 560 C.Y; is the updated Maure castle set in the current GH timeline of 592 C.Y.?

Anyway, when someone can tell me what level Mordy was in the original WG5, I'll be able to chart his level progression right up to his current level of power in the Epic Level Handbook. Wink

Oh, yeah! Just as importantly, how OLD was Mordy in the original WG5 and how old is he NOW in 592 C.Y.?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:46 pm  

Baggins,

Here's alist of WG5's Pregenerated characters:

1- Mordenkainen (Wizard, Magic User 12)
    2- Yrag (Fighter 9)
    3- Bigby (Necromancer, Magic User 10)
    4- Riggby (Cleric 9)

Can't answer the rest, but if you want more specifics on the above guys let me know.

Cheers,
    Zephirum
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:34 pm  

Quote:
    Am I the only one that was WOWed by this AMAZING issue of DUNGEON magazine?

Does my pic answer that question? Eli Tomorast rocks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:18 pm  
    Argh!

My subscription ran out and I renewed too late. Dungeon is sending me a copy as of this Monday. This magazine is the most anticipated in a while and I almost screwed myself out of it. D'oh!

I drool with anticipation...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:27 pm  
    Re: Argh!

Zudrak wrote:
    My subscription ran out and I renewed too late. Dungeon is sending me a copy as of this Monday. This magazine is the most anticipated in a while and I almost screwed myself out of it. D'oh!

I drool with anticipation...

It is well worth the wait Zudrak. I also almost missed out -- and ended up ordering it special.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:50 pm  

The Mordenkainen described in City of Geyhawk Boxed Set was 72 years old mentally, 46 biologically. This was set when? 585 CY?

Since that is far in the future of my campaign, I don't know the timeline
    that well. If the Mordenkainen described in CoG gets killed by Rary,
    what you would need stats on is his clone. How old was he when the clone was taken, and how much has it aged since then?

Non-canon stats for Mordenkainen at 29th level can be found in WG7.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: