Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm  
    Greetings!

Hello everyone.

This is Ralf from Germany. I'm going to start a 1st Edition AD&D Greyhawk campaign tomorrow night with four players, each of them including myself having 20+years of RPG experience, but never (!) played in the Greyhawk setting. We all look forward to this new campaign a lot.

Campaign starts in 574 CY in Oytmeet, Geoff. Since the Geoff triad website is down for a while I wonder if anybody has saved the material from there? I downloaded only a few of the most important files.

If you guys have some clues for me, like low-level adventures in or around Geoff, I'd be grateful.

Anyway, thanks for keeping this great website up. And hello to you Alan G.! :-)
    GreySage

Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm  

Welcome to Cannonfire! and the the World of Greyhawk, Geoffite. :)

I'm not sure about low-level modules specifically located in Geoff, but as your Player Characters advance, you'll find that the classic modules Against the Giants and those that follow it (Descent into the Depths of the (Oe)rth, Vault of the Drow, and Queen of the Demonweb Pits) are great fun. There's also Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (though I wasn't so fond of that one) and the Vale of the Mage hardback adventure setting which is located adjacent to Geoff.

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 am  

Hello Sir Xaris, and thanks for the warm welcome. I plan on playing all through the GDQ-series at later stages and even later I want the guys to free their homeland (Against the giants). It's such a long way to go, but we plan on playing for many years.

My current plans for the first three adventures are Shattered Circle (which I located next to Oytmeet), Puppets and N1 Against the cult of the reptile god. I own all the regular Greyhawk material so I was wondering if there were any RPGA modules or downloadable modules released which would fit for a Geoff setting.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:29 am  

Geoffite,

If you intend on playing through the Giants modules (and you should...they soooo good!), may I suggest that you run your group through the "Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff" version of the modules? There's so much awesome Geoff-related source material in that module that it should keep your party busy for an entire campaign...and maybe beyond! :D

TCM
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:33 am  

Thank you for your suggestion, I will certainly use the improved version of the modules. First game session was great, it feels so good to be gaming again :-)
    GreySage

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 am  

Welcome, Geoffite! Happy

Glad you're having a good time with your game. We're looking forward to your continued participation and coming contributions to Canonfire! We're always looking for "new" and fresh input. So, welcome aboard! Cool

And keep us posted as to how your game is progressing. We like hearing that sort of thing "here." Wink
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: