Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings Fellow Adventurers
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings Fellow Adventurers
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 am  
    Greetings Fellow Adventurers

I am from South Africa, Cape Town. I have been playing various versions of Dungeons and Dragons for over 25 years now. My first campaign setting I played in was the World of Greyhawk, I was caught hook, line and sinker.

Over the years I have adventured in many strange and wonderful worlds, but none had the same appeal to me as my beloved Greyhawk. This year I have set myself the task of building my very own website dedicated to my favourite campaign setting, Greyhawk. This site will be used to host the wealth of information that I have gathered over the years and to showcase the adventures and journals of the adventures that we are playing.

Why have I posted this here .... Well without websites like yours and the people that have contributed to the wealth of material that they have cultivated over the years, The World of Greyhawk setting would not be what it is today.

With the information that I have gleamed over the years, I am finally able to bring my favourite adventures to life. My current campaign, Legacy: The Path of Heroes will take place in the year 576CY, this adventure path will take the players form level 01 to level 20. I will be using the Pathfinder Rule System that has been modified with some house rules, from 1e AD&D, 2e AD&D and Dragon Magazine. I like the flexibility of the d20 system but I like the gritty, unforgiving rules of 1st edition system. Rules like weapon speed, weapons vs. armor, system shock, weapon and armor repairs have helped keep the game real and kept the players on their toes.

The first stage of the adventure path will take the players into The Temple of Elemental Evil, then into Scourge of the Slave Lords and Finally into Queen of Spiders. All the adventures have been heavily modified to bring to life the backdrop of the locals that they are set into and the NPCs that the players interact with. The mood and tone for each session will be set by the means of a short "invite."(via Facebook) This helps give life to the NPCs that the players interact with. As the players learn more about what is happening and who is behind the different plots, so do the villains become more aware of who the adventures are.
    GreySage

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:50 am  

Hail and well met, DarkHerald! Evil Grin

Welcome to Canonfire! Looking forward to your upcoming website, not to mention your participation and contributions to Canonfire! itself. Glad you "found" us and decided to "join in." Cool

We're always looking for more input from Greyhawk fans and are always eager for others to join us here. Keep us posted as to the progress of your game, we love hearing stuff like that. And be sure to give us the web-address for your future website -- once its "up and running."

Again, welcome to Canonfire! DarkHerald. Happy

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:51 pm  

Welcome, DarkHerald! It's great to have another veteran D&Der on the site. I'm looking forward to seeing what your website has to offer. Smile

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 am  

Thanks guys, I have been busy posting in other threads and completely forgot to say thanks for the warm welcome!
    Cool
    Forum Moderator

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:41 pm  

Hey DarkHerald, belated welcomes!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 pm  

Hey DH welcome aboard the Cannonfire cruise lines.

I know your in South Africa but if you get a chance come to the greytalk chat room this Thursday. Another non lurker is well appreciated.
    CF Admin

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 pm  

Welcome aboard! :D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: