ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hardby Help
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Hardby Help
    Novice

Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:38 am  
    Hardby Help

Howdy Folks,

Well I wanted to ask for a bit of help. I was wondering if there was any detailed information and maps for Hardby? Anything that might be in a module or Dragon article. I have been looking and thought I'd ask.

Any help is welcome

Thanks
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:16 am  

There is a bit of information about Hardby in From the Ashes. Also, there is a small map of the city in the adventure maps booklet that comes with The Adventure Begins.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:17 am  

You're in luck!

Dungeon magazine issue #109 has a full article on Hardby. Alot of it is derived from the GH product Slavers. Happy hunting.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:18 am  

Also, perhaps someone can answer because I have long forgotten, but Storm was also asking about modules...was Harby covered in Scourge of the Slavelords? I'm thinking it was.
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:24 am  

I don't think it was, maybe mentioned but not in any detail.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:08 pm  

Dungeon Issue #80, pages 56-59 has a side trek regarding Hardby's Academy of Arcane Arts. It seems to have been overlooked in the recent Dungeon issue. LivingGreyhawk Journal #1 has a more detailed article about the current Despotrix and her servant Javka. I think you can find this on-line as a PDF. I have it. Also, a non-canon source is Oerth Journal 10, pages 17-38. This one has a good bibliography with additional sources. And, try http://www.peldor.com/world/hardby_text.html for a home grown Hardby. Gary Gygax's "Gord's Greyhawk" (which you can find on-line) has a few Hardby references.

My campaign just switched to Hardby so I have been looking. I hope this info helps.

Cheers
    Zephirum
    Novice

Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:23 pm  

lol...

Well I asked for help and I got it! Thank you all, you have given me alot of sources to check.

I appreciate all of your help!
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:32 am  

Hardby was covered briefly in the Gem of the Flanaess and also in from the Ashes with some slightly different information. Wilbrem Carrister and Diran 'Ratter' Cornoiel were covered in From the Ashes.

Hardby was then covered in Slavers, including information about the Despotrix and various locations & NPCs.

The article in Dungeon 109 covered much of the same information in Slavers, updated to 3.5e and 594 CY, although Wilbrem Carister's stats and magical items seem to fluctuate up and down depending on which source you look at.

I did actually stitch it all together as a Word document but since much of it is copyrighted material, I'm reluctant to start badying it around!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: