JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - O/AD&D Dunfalcon Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    O/AD&D Dunfalcon Campaign
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:27 am  
    O/AD&D Dunfalcon Campaign

Some time ago, after I burnt out on the 3rd edition rules and parts of the gaming culture surrounding it, I wanted to really go back to the roots of the game and see what I could do from there. At the beginning, I took a break from the hobby and started looking towards Castles & Crusades to do something with it, but pretty soon, I basically reverted further and further back in time to basically run the original rules of 1974 using my own made-up Greyhawk setting (i.e. "Dunfalcon") blending the 1983 World of Greyhawk boxed with the Castle Zagyg/Yggsburgh line of supplements for C&C, along with my own ideas, bits and pieces of dungeons and modules I'd like to use in such a campaign (such as Castle Whiterock from Goodman Games, Rappan Athuk from Necromancer Games, or Dragon's Delve from DungeonADay, a few specific locales from Golarion, et cetera), throwing in my own creations for good measure (such as my own megadungeon, the Black Abbey, originally based on the Mont Saint Michel in France), and went about mapping from there a setting that would provide the backdrop for our sandbox campaign.

It's been a long journey since then. I've experimented with plenty of house rules that came up in the game, and progressively reworked my way down in time to the point I'm basically considering porting the game back to an AD&D/OSRIC frame. It just fits my gaming needs more at this point.

Hence having this thread on this particular AD&D forum.

So, I'm going to start by posting a map to my Dunfalcon setting, and I'll start posting stuff from my notes and ideas of further development and whatnot, in a rather loose way. Hopefully some Greytalkers will read this and be inspired, one way or another, to do with their own setting what they want. I'm a firm believer in the sharing of ideas and inspiration in the gaming hobby, so here we are.

Comments are more than welcome, obviously. That's part of the point of posting this here on a forum.

OK. With all that said: let's go.

First, the map:

Click on the map for a higher resolution.

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 am  

You've made some interesting changes to the official map of Greyhawk there. I like that there are a few more small forests located near to the main city Greyhawk/Dunfalcon.

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 pm  

This is great stuff. My very first gaming experience was in a Greyhawk much like what you are doing here - someone took the basic premise of the world, added house rules and lots of imagination then hit the "frappe" button on the blender. Wink It worked wonderfully too, thanks to the flexibility of the setting.

Say on, please.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: