Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Iuz--The Old One Concept Artwork
Iuz--The Old One Concept Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Secret Skeleton Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulN6
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol - damn you - sarcasm doesn't travel well on the Internet!

I could tell that you were frustrated by the various contradictory comments after having gone to the trouble to get some concept art done. However, I don't think any of the comments take you THAT far away from the concept art. Some of them were clearly just opinion (such as Iuz being cloven-hooved or devoid of hair or horns) and others are minor tweaks (making his sword bigger to appear as a two-handed sword) that wouldn't be terrible if they weren't implemented. The human form just needs a bit of work on the face and hair to make him older and more repulsive. He is a god after all - he can change his form anyway so you always have Lucy Lawless' 'a wizard did it,' defence for artistic licence.

Was the lack of response at the earlier stage because there wasn't a separate thread? I don't recall seeing one but I don't always check in every day. If you decide to stay on board (and I hope you do) it might be a good idea to post each concept as a separate thread and bump it a couple of times to keep it on the board long enough to give occasional visitors more of a chance to see it to maximise the chance of constructive feedback before you proceed too far.

I think Cebrion was rising to the bait a bit and appeared to be unnecessarily snide in his response. This is how flame wars start on forum sites but he should not overlook the fact that you have invested time and money to get to this stage and it's understandably frustrating that the artwork has taken you two steps forward and one step back.

I certanly hope you don't give up on the project altogether! Old man Iuz is certainly more quantifiable than the demon-form, it just seems that the artisitic decision to go with 'Max von Sydow' is against how most fans view him and so far we have two votes for a similar concept but with a visage more in keeping with Mumm-Ra. As an aside, with his crazy hair, he's more how I imagine the Greater Boneheart wizard Jumper, although it's been a while since I've reviewed his description so I can't recall what his iconic magic items were.

It's also worth noting that these figures need not be intended solely for use as Greyhawk personalities. The demonform Iuz figure would be equally good for an efreeti and a hunched old man Iuz would be perfectly good for an NPC seer or elderly patron. Players with a penchant for slutty women could use Iggwilv for their own PC. As a show of faith I will order an Iggwilv! My PC isn't a slut but she can learn.

I SPIT ON THE OLD ONE. (and pray he isn't listening)
illustr8or
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love the artwork. I wouldn't give up on your plans though. I like the idea!
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulN6 wrote:
I think Cebrion was rising to the bait a bit and appeared to be unnecessarily snide in his response. This is how flame wars start on forum sites but he should not overlook the fact that you have invested time and money to get to this stage and it's understandably frustrating that the artwork has taken you two steps forward and one step back.

I didn't rise to any "bait". I was responding to chaoticprime's obvious frustration, and only meant to give advice on what to do to move forward. I wouldn't rip into anybody who is obviously already down.

chaoticprime wrote:
@Cebrion-I asked what people wanted months ago and got nearly nothing from anyone. I used the information from CF's wiki page and published artwork by TSR/Wotc, which is apparently incorrect.

You insulting me is just the final straw in this. I am finished with Canonfire. I try to do a nice thing, and end up being accused of not knowing what I am doing by an appointed administrator.

I am not insulting you, just giving advice. My word carries no more weight than anybody else, except when somebody is misbehaving and I(as the admin) need to put the kabosh on things. This is not such an instance.

As to getting no previous information from anybody, I myself spent a good deal of time pointing out exactly where you could find info on Iuz other than the GH Wiki, so you are not being entirely truthful here. I'll just point you to THIS. You probably didn't get any further responses, as I nailed most of the sources for you, other than for actual examples of artwork, which are easy enough to find.

You may not be aware of it, but I am not some Joe Schmoe who is unaware of the creative process, as I have been on both ends of things many times now in both design and critique. I've created(or have had a hand in the creative direction of) more than few things(I just don't really talk about that stuff here) myself, some good, some not so good, but world wide sales are in the millions(not an exaggeration), so yes, I have had a hand in creating enough things to have a very good idea about the creative process and what it involves.

It would probably be a good idea to listen to somebody who is trying to help you, not insult you. You think I threw a fit after spending a couple weeks designing a building system that somebody didn't quite like? No, because I am a professional. I ask what they don't like, what they want changed and to what, and then I do it all again. Do I have an attitude about it? No, because I know that is how the process works in any creative field. Then I ask, "How's this?" At that point things are usually very close to being dead on, but it is not rare for minor tweaks to still be needed. Things are corrected and the design is eventually given the thumbs up. Then it is mostly out of my hands, me only seeing early, mid-, and final production samples to critique and make any recommended changes to. That is the process, and it is very, very normal. It simply requires patience.

The internet is a magnificent tool, but it is one that people usually don't use for R&D all that much lest competitors know that they are working on(not usually a good idea). You have NO real competitors. The internet is an invaluable tool for you, if you choose to the regular process and some constructive criticism. Just look at the response you got. There is plenty there to move forwards with to a secondary concept sketch.

It would unfortunate for you to go out on such a note as this, as things were looking promising. If nobody gave a flying fig about what you are doing then nobody would have cared enough to provide any information or post any responses to your posts at all, least of all myself.

Last edited by Cebrion on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cebrion-Did you just call me a liar? I asked what people wanted, and you posted half a dozen descriptions that conflicted with each other. The same problem is what is occurring here and now. I ask which Iuz you all want, and all of you point at a different example, because there IS no singular image anyone can agree on.

You are missing the point of all of this. You can pat yourself on the back all you want about whatever you have done and then deride me with it by comparison.

As far as I can see you are just being smug. Start your own miniatures company and produce your own Iuz miniature, as apparently such is a feat you are more of capable than doing. And while you are doing it, place absolute priority on having its design be approved by a single forum on the internet.

I get that you are Superman, and you have all the phantom credentials you can allude to that I should have taken into consideration because your moderator voice is purple or whatever. This does not change the fact that I moved against making the miniature because I did not want to do it incorrectly, not because I threw a fit about the criticism.

And you could not be more wrong about greatswords, you can email the puiblisher of Oakeshott's and tell them about your relative background and how it makes you right.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit being so offended and overreacting. I know that you have been deluged with material. You should just pick the elements that people can agree on and go from there. Put up a poll and ask people to vote on the different attributes to see what most people agree on. To be frank, this is the first bit of discussion on the descriptions. I would allow it to develop rather than shut it down.

If you actually do know that the only figure that was ever made of Iuz, by Minifigs, is long out of production are pretty much impossible to get, then this comment could indeed be seen to be, not quite throwing a fit, but at the very least petulant:

"We are just going to have to be happy with all of the other Iuz miniatures available for purchase."

Maybe you don't know about a lack of other Iuz minis and so petulance wasn't your intent though. My advice was meant to just encourage you to bash through the muddle rather than have you get mad.

Here are some of my "phantom" credits as a designer:

http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/images/4921-lg.jpg
http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/images/4912-lg.jpg
http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/images/4923-lg.jpg

I've done more than that, but those are the biggies. Pegasus Hobbies(and Tehnolog) have done rather well with those. Depends on which gaming circles you cruise in as to whether you will have seen them or not. Lots of development and re-development in those to be sure. The communication is even more fun when English is not the native language of the production side of things. Makes the development phase a lot more "fun" to be sure. You've sort of got your own version of that going on here due to the varied nature of the Greyhawk material.

I am acquainted with a few sculptors/miniature company owners, which is why I could talk to you about them by name when you were first looking to make your foray into forming a miniatures company(with your brother I think). I've also been a first hand witness to the trials and tribulations of starting a new miniatures company, and I still do some very minor resin casting for one company. As to the design process, I know it rather well from seeing first hand how two companies who produce thousands of miniatures do it. They start off with multiple concepts, and then refine them. It is a sensible way of doing things. The only thing I haven't done is fork out the money and enter the arena myself. The only way to really do it right(i.e. make a living at it) is to jump in with both feet and do it big. I just don't have a desire to do that. Here, most people just know me as another Greyhawk fan, though that just scratches the surface. I'm just a little tiny fish figuratively, but I do know what I am talking about.

Anyways, I think you can do a good job of Iuz, if you stick with it and put in a bit more effort into developing things. One other point- some folks will have certain ideas about Iuz dependent upon what was around when they got into Greyhawk(i.e. their first impression), and also because of what they know about him, or not know(i.e. the Gord books have not been readily available for some time now). That will invariably lead to many opinions. It is the nature of Greyhawk. You just need to bash through it. If you wish to move forward with things I would be happy to help you organize the discussion so as to narrow down the concept. If not, I'll be happy to do whatever else you wish.
PaulN6
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaoticprime, I had a quick look at your website - it says all the figures are out of stock though! What's the best way to order an Iqqwilv? I was quite tempted by some of the others too - are any of those still in stock?
Crag
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down, guys.

It is a figurine and we all want the line too succeed...
I did not mean to berate the artistic efforts of CP; but I felt his post was asking for opinions on the artwork offered - What do you think of this?

GH provokes strong opinions about the iconic even minor personages. As someone working on the "beyond the flanaess" project; I was and still am swamped with "helpful advice". Some good and some not so good but all are passionate about their views.

I really hope, the thread does not ignite into a resume war?

Let's get back to what matters....figurines Wink
Katerek
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, Katerek here; I'm the other half of Secret Skeleton Miniatures.

The internet is a hard thing to deal with - especially forums. These things have a way of getting taken out of hand - largely to do with the complete and utter lack of tone.

I can say this for my brother - he wasn't initially being offended or taking it personal - he genuinely decided it would be far easier to just scrap the project at this, the outset, and move on to something else. It wasn't due to criticism. As to what came after between he and Cebrion...whatever. I won't speak to that, other than to say the entire exchange was irrelevant.

The Artwork
Nailing down an iconic image of Iuz in mortal form is hard. Most of the art from that era doesn't match the description and after a few decades of zero support from WotC/TSR we have all formed our own images in our heads of what he looks like.

As it stands we have an image that in some games can be used as a mortal Iuz, or Fistandantilus, or Blastem T., or Gnarly Wizard #1. In my game it will probably be used as an avatar for Boccob as I killed Iuz off ages ago.

The demonic form will be used for any number of demons/devils.

The Figure
I am going to push to have this fig made as the artwork depicts. Now, if y'all want to buy it and use it as Iuz - flame on, that's cool and the gang with me. If not, that's cool too.

I will see about having Damascus do us up something with more inspiration drawn from Mummra (or whatever the hell it was), and if you want to use that...please do.

The Forums
This Forum has given us tremendous support and we are grateful for that. For what it is worth, it was Chaotic who pushed to even mention our little endeavor here; I was against it. I didn't figure it would benefit us at all. I was largely wrong. It happens.

The Company
Something I would ask anyone still reading at this point to remember is this: Secret Skeleton Miniatures is at best a Hobby for us. Chaotic and I have two kids and a wife each. We both have real-world stuff to deal with. This just isnt lucrative enough for us attempt it as a sole source of income thing. Were that it wasn't such, but that's just the way it sits.

Everything we do for this comes out of our pockets and unfortunately they are not very deep. Financially we scrape by. I used to bring down some serious bucks as a Corp Exec and as a Small Business Consultant after that, but within the last three years my health has fallen into such a sad state that the only thing I can manage is a crummy super-market job that pays less than 9 bucks an hour...and that only if they don't schedule me more than three days in a row. Anything more than that and I am bed-ridden for a week!

All of this combines to create a situation where we have to make decisions concerning what figs we do with less than idyllic information. The cost of concept art, the cost of sculpting, the cost of casting and modding the masters, the cost of spinning and production of first runs, all eventually equals an amount equal to about two months pay for me alone.

So yeah, while it seemed to many that Chaotic was making a brash decision and jumping the gun, he was just trying to be fast.

Since this is all largely personal expense for he and I, we pretty much only make figs that we are going to use in our games. While I love GH my game is set in a homebrew so GH figs don't mean much to me except as sheer nostalgia.

Canonfire represents the ONLY body of customers/fans/what-have-you that we allow ANY measure of insight or input into our product base. In order to continue this we literally HAVE to be selfish - otherwise Chaotic and I both would pretty much lose all interest. The ONLY exception we made was for Canonfire.

We make figs we like, and hopefully other folks buy them. The Witch Queen fig and the (hopefully) forthcoming Demon King are pretty much for you guys - which, incidentally only equals about 20 sales or so (if previous numbers are to be any indication)...which basically means...if you guys don't like it - for whatever reason - why do it?

I hope this is making sense. I intend no insult or defensiveness whatsoever. My brother is far more passionate about this than I so his discussions of the subject are going to tend towards the same.

I cannot promise you that Chaotic will revisit these boards, but I will do what I can when I can.

If there is genuine support and desire for these things let me know. I am not issuing a general call to come over and kiss my butt or anything, I honestly am not clear on how much support there is for an Iuz derivation.

Anywho, I have droned on for far too long. Hopefully this will just be a bit of a bump, and everything will work out and we can all go back to hating 4th Ed or whatever it is we were doing.

-katerek
Katerek
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real quick, I promise...

if you have any specific questions, concerns, or what-have-you concerning Secret Skeleton Miniatures please feel free to email me directly.

my email addy is katerek [underscore] 69 [at sign] yahoo [dot] com

Put Canonfire or SSM in the subject line to be sure I see it. Also, if I don't respond withing two days, try resending it. I have had that email address since the early 90's (literally within the first 6 months of Yahoo offering the service). I get LOTS of spam.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting Katerek.

I'm really sorry if anything I said came across as insulting. I really am trying to help, as I have first hand knowledge of things from a few people I know who do run full-time miniature companies, one of which started out as a part-time business just like you guys have(I hang out with him most every weekend actually).

I am glad to hear that you would like to move forward with this an other minis. Everyone here is ready to help you out, including myself. I am betting that, given just a little bit of time, an Iuz concept(or any other mini concept) could be worked out rather quickly if the people interested in giving their feedback know what is going on and make a point of posting in a timely manner.

I've taken the liberty of asking a friend of mine who not only own and runs his own miniatures company but also does concept art on occasion for another larger company if he will pass along an example of concept art that my help you guys out. Basically, see what others who have been doing it professionally for years have learned to do from others who have come before them. They gained most of their knowledge from working with those in Ral Partha during its heyday and for Game Workshop. They really do know their stuff.

What I can do here is to help you guys organize your concept phase a bit. As you well know, nailing down concepts is not always the easiest thing to do when you aren't an artist yourself, or if your infotatmion is sparse or even overly abundant but dissimilar. If it is just a hobby thing and you really could care less so long as you are happy, then its not a big deal. If you actually want to make money on it, and therefore have more money to reinvest, you really will want to give your potential customers what they want. The way to do that is to let them run wild a bit with concepts themselves. They'll let you know what they want, or what works well enough at the very least, if you let them. For that an open forum works very, very well, and here it is. If you've got a customer mailing list, let everyone know that a concept development topic is underway, where it is, and that they are encouraged to take part in the discussion. You'd probably get a lot of very useful feedback which will help nail thins down.

As for the these miniatures, the art is surely great. The older guy looks like it would make for a great general wizard figure. I would recommend that before doing any further concept art that you let a variety of folks hash out an image of Iuz. Heck, maybe people will post their own simple sketches of what they think he looks like in either form, or find other pics that haven't surfaced yet(there aren't many, but there are some) and offer them up. When you've got all of the info, examples, whatever finalized you could then go to doing the very nice final art that you have been doing, and it will likely match things very well. This requires very little effort on your part(i.e. it won't intrude too much on your regular daily lives), other than to observe what is going on and post your own comments in way of direction and put a fork in it when you feel it is done enough. This is actually the kind of thing that I would be willing to create a special sub-forum for, just so that things don't get lost in the general hubbub. We have other special project forums. We could have one for this too, if you wish. I can have such a sub-forum added and all relevant threads moved there in little time.

All the best.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it (the sub-forum, I mean). Have everyone who wants in on it to submit ideas, and then we can all sit down and cobble them into a final idea.
rasgon
GreySage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I added two more images to the wiki: one from a Rose Estes novel and one from a Gary Gygax novel.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another pic:

I am not on the Wiki and account creation is locked, so somebody else should add it there. Be sure to upload it there(or wherever), rather than link to the picture.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
rasgon
GreySage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right! From Artifact of Evil. Thanks.
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cebrion wrote:
Here's another pic:

I am not on the Wiki and account creation is locked, so somebody else should add it there. Be sure to upload it there(or wherever), rather than link to the picture.

Great. The admin permissions for the forum has...evolved(it's a simple IP thing). I'll need Gary to reset my access before I can work on the forum. Otherwise it would be done already.

This is kind of how I imagined him. This is what the crappy WoG Minifig most closely resembles (if it can be said to resemble anything but an indistinguishable lump of lead).
Argon
Grandmaster Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in for the sub forum.

Chaotic Prime I love what you have done with your miniatures. As anything you do might be Greyhawk inspired I think your brother is right on reaching some generic tibbits. I know you have reached out to those of us on these forums and many people disagreed on your witch queen Iggwilv but I believe it was still successful for you.

I wish you could make the greytalk chats. I know you have tons of ideas and it could be a good place to get some feedback as well. I can't paint to save my life and I can't get a table top game together. But I bought two witch queens. Just because I really liked them a lot.

Keep up the work I wish you and your brother great success.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaoticprime wrote:
This is kind of how I imagined him. This is what the crappy WoG Minifig most closely resembles (if it can be said to resemble anything but an indistinguishable lump of lead).

Oddly enough, I think the Minifigs mini predates this art. Easley didn't quite capture the wrinkly old mannikin look, but the pic still looks nice. A "Throne of Bones" practically can't be done wrong though. Ray Rubin captured the Iuz look("This cruel being can appear as either a massive (7' tall) fat man with demoniac features, reddish skin, pointed ears, and long steely fingers...") very well in my opinion. Might be because of EGG's direction, though I know not for certain. Only the cape is absent, though "Hey! Where'd my cape go?" is surely the least of Iuz's worries in that pic. Laughing
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cebrion wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:

Oddly enough, I think the Minifigs mini predates this art. Easley didn't quite capture the wrinkly old mannikin look, but the pic still looks nice. A "Throne of Bones" practically can't be done wrong though. Ray Rubin captured the Iuz look("This cruel being can appear as either a massive (7' tall) fat man with demoniac features, reddish skin, pointed ears, and long steely fingers...") very well in my opinion. Might be because of EGG's direction, though I know not for certain. Only the cape is absent, though "Hey! Where'd my cape go?" is surely the least of Iuz's worries in that pic. Laughing

If I do so recall, the hand grasping him is that of Tharizudun. I remember Gord fighting Big T in those books. I read them in elementary school, so I do not quite remember everything.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That's Mr. T having ago at him. I shifted some pics to the CF! Drop Box account, just in case I have to axe something from my photobucket account, and have edited the links in the various posts accordingly.
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sketched this in a few minutes the other day. It is not a finished drawing, but it sort of conveys my take on what the demon form would look like.

Its also on its side...
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm finding that suitably fat, vile and Iuz-ish. Cool

I would stick with simple concept sketches like that for anything and everything until the look and the pose is nailed down, at which point a more finished pic can be done for the sculptor/adverts/etc. The overall look is the most important thing, but the pose can make a good mini into a great mini. Everyone should weigh in on the overall look, and what pose they would like Iuz to be in.

Regarding the height of an Iuz mini, perhaps exaggerate it a bit to 45-50mm from the sole of his foot to the top of his head, or around two heads taller than whatever a standard adult human mini height is in your miniature range. People should weigh in on the overall size too. As to the cape, it should be the same length and have the same look as the cloak on the smaller old man form, as it is the same item. I like that it looks slightly ragged, and that you didn't go with the ol' "vampire cowl".

Then there is the sword, which ought to be near as long as Iuz is tall(as tall as his shoulder from pommel to tip should be fine). Looks like you've got it very close to that, so good enough. As to the look of the sword, don't make it match any artwork literally. So, you have carte blanche as to the look of the pommel/hilt/blade detail. Could be a bones/skulls motif, or not. People ought to throw out ideas on that too.

Definitely go with slightly emphasized claws on his hands/feet. He's not as obviously demonic as other beings, so such minor details will play up the demon angle without being too blatant. Even on this simple sketch, the emphasized cheek bones, brow, and chin are really good, and further emphasize the inhuman, demonic aspects of Iuz.
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For his pose I was thinking of having him actually leaned forward in a battle pose with his sword held in front of him with both hands. For the sword, I wanted something that looked forged in hell. Something cruel--something that hacks and smashes as much as it cuts. Nothing adds insult to injury like a dirty sword giving a surviving PC blood-poisoning.

For his face I basically imagined Tim Curry playing the role.

I can actually draw hands rather well, but saw no need here. The whole of the sketch took me about ten minutes.

My scale is 5mm = 1ft. His seven feet of height would make him 35mm tall. He'll look massive compared to his absolutely tiny manikin counterform.

The costs to sculpt the prior two models was quoted at $700.00. I do not have that, so whittling that down would be nice.

I would not be against a fund-raiser, if the folks around here really want such a miniature.

Also, I abstained from rendering him nipples, as Iuz is not technically a mammal in his demon form.
PaulN6
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah baby - that's about as fat as I imagined him! Evil Grin Avoiding nipples is fine by me. I'm still traumatised by Citadel's troll figures from the early eighties, especially as my brother painted on pubic hair... Shocked

I might be able to drum up a few volunteers to help fund the figure if there is a simple way to contribute e.g. Paypal although none of us has a lot of cash. I suppose the other issue is that you can't drum up supporters by advertising the figure as Iuz due to copyright.

How about 'Half-demon Overlord (demonic form)'?

I keep forgetting about Iggwilv too - what's the best way to order one?
SirXaris
GreySage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chaoticprime wrote:
For his pose I was thinking of having him actually leaned forward in a battle pose with his sword held in front of him with both hands.

There is a picture of Iuz in his demonic form in Greyhawk Ruins. The pose is one that reminds me of what you describe above. Iuz has his two-handed sword raised above his head, clasped in both hands, about to bring it down upon the head of a hapless adventurer.

And, I agree with Cebrion that this sketch looks more impressive, but the pose needs tweeking.

SirXaris
chaoticprime
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirXaris wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:
For his pose I was thinking of having him actually leaned forward in a battle pose with his sword held in front of him with both hands.

There is a picture of Iuz in his demonic form in Greyhawk Ruins. The pose is one that reminds me of what you describe above. Iuz has his two-handed sword raised above his head, clasped in both hands, about to bring it down upon the head of a hapless adventurer.

And, I agree with Cebrion that this sketch looks more impressive, but the pose needs tweeking.

SirXaris

That particular sketch was not posed, just a sort of conceptualization. A proof-of-concept. If that design meets with everyone's approval, we can focus on refining it to perfection.

Patrick Keith charges me $350 per 28mm-ish sculpt. Let's focus on getting the demon form (the most likely to see use on a tabletop) established before we get going with the manikin form full-on.

Anyone who wants to contribute funds to the sculpt will get the value of their donation in product from my company, to be spent at their discretion. If anyone wants any other terms, I am pretty much open to anything. And I mean anything. *wink*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Secret Skeleton Miniatures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: