JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Legacy of Fire Adventure Path
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion
    Legacy of Fire Adventure Path
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 am  
    Legacy of Fire Adventure Path

This is the last published campaign from Paizo. It is set in a Al-Qadim/Arab city/region... I was wondering if someone has already read it and if it's easily transposable to the Far North-West of the Flanaess (I was cosnidering Zeif)?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:00 pm  
    Re: Legacy of Fire Adventure Path

MToscan wrote:
    This is the last published campaign from Paizo. It is set in a Al-Qadim/Arab city/region... I was wondering if someone has already read it and if it's easily transposable to the Far North-West of the Flanaess (I was cosnidering Zeif)?

I'll resurrect this thread since I just finished reading LoF and will be starting it very soon.

In case you haven't already started this AP, MToscan, pretty much any of the northwest Bakluni lands will suffice for Legacy of Fire. Zeif is an excellent choice, with perhaps the city of Zeif, Ceshra or Vilayad replacing Katapesh and the nearby Tusman Hills for the Brazen Peaks. Tusmit or Ekbir are also good options; since the Brazen Peaks is a very small mountain range you could place it somewhere in those regions with little difficulty. Whichever region you choose, you'll have to swap its current leader with the Pactmasters of Katapesh.

As for religions, I'd use Al'Akbar for Saranrae and Mouqol for Abadar. Not sure of any evil bakluni faiths that would make good substitutes for Rovagug, so I'd go with Erythnul.
    CF Admin

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:10 pm  

Luz: is this the path that has the City of Brass adventure in it? If so, what did you think of that one?

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:40 am  

grodog wrote:
    Luz: is this the path that has the City of Brass adventure in it? If so, what did you think of that one?
    If you mean the Legacy of Fire AP as a whole, I think its awesome. Personally I've been wanting to run a desert-themed campaign for years and LoF is perfect. I love genie war backstory, its not an idea that has been overused and geniekind make for some excellent villains and allies. Also, I prefer the arabic-style desert campaign over Egyptian flavor. Both make for excellent locales but we've already done mummy/pharoah's tomb adventures before so this will be a fresh change.

If you are referring to the adventure in LoF that specifically deals with the City of Brass ("The Impossible Eye"), I'll admit that I haven't thoroughly read it yet (I'm still reading through part 4). I have given it a good look and from what I've seen it appears to be of the same high quality as the rest of LoF. My only concern is that it seems to be one large dungeon crawl inside an efreeti sultan's palace, which is kind of a shame since it would be fun to explore some of the city. There is a 6-page section provided that details more about the City of Brass as well as a sidequest adventure, so I'm not too worried. Also, I might check out Necromancer Games' City of Brass and use some of it for this part of LoF. From what I've heard it is very good.

At any rate, LoF is a great AP. I have Rise of the Runelords (currently running it) and Council of Thieves as well, but I prefer LoF over those two.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: