Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings
    Paladin

Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 pm  
    Greetings

Greetings to All,
    I am happy to have discovered this hidden gem.
    In this age when fresh ideas from the established sources seem to have all but dried up and blown away, it will no doubt be a refreshing source.
    Me> Started with chainmail and through those growing pains up to 2e I DM'd for nearly 20yrs.
    Then the realities of the "real" world and the constant regurgitation TSR / WOC went thru caused me to depart the realm.
    Now at the request if my former PCs ( and truely missing the game I grew to love) I have returned.
    But it seems that the only constant was WOC need to change and repackage...... up to 4e now as I understand it ... lol
    and doesnt seem like its recieving a warm welcome. save from those that dont know any better. I must say much of what I have seen of 4e is not the game I left .... so will have to concider what my campaigns best course may be.
    So, in closing dear members I am happy to have found you and hope to find that middle ground to jumpstart my campaign once again.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:44 pm  

Welcome to the boards Dark_Lord_Galen!

You can join us on chats most activity is on Thursdays and the link is right in the Features field Greytalk Chat Otherworlders server channel #greytalk.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 am  

Glad you found us, Dark_Lord_Galen. Feel free to stay a while. Smile

If you like 3.5, I suggest you look into Pathfinder. I still DM 3.5 because I have the books and really don't want to invest in another entire set, but I'm a player in a Pathfinder campaign and I must say that it is everything good about 3.5 with improvements.

SirXaris
    GreySage

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 pm  

Hail thee "new" 'Hawker!

I concur with my two friends, Masters Argon and SirXaris, both of whom have been most kind and welcomed me aboard. I see they are continuing their tradition of fellowship! Happy

I am a long-time player, much as yourself, starting back in the 80s in the old boxed sets before migrating through 1e, and firmly entrenching myself in 2e (and infusing the Options system).

Welcome to our group,

-Lanthorn
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:40 am  

New myself to this wonderful page, I actually have done some playing with 4e, but found myself longing for the days of good ole "simple" 1e, with some modifications and house rules in place.

Great to be here with some other new folks, and I will spread the world to my PC's.
    GreySage

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 pm  

Hail and well met, Dark Lord!

(All hail the Dark One!)

Glad that you 'found' us and decided to join in the fun.

You've no doubt already started looking around. Feel free to 'jump into' any conversation you like. We only ask that you be mindful of when the thread was last responded too. You are certainly welcome to resurrect any post you'd like, just be mindful that you don't respond as though the conversation took place 'yesterday,' unless it did of course!

And be sure to check out the Greyhawk wiki, located in the top left hand corner of the Front Page. Canonfire! alumni Robbastard and Rasgon have devoted much time and effort to produce the wiki for the fans. Tons of information can be found there.
    We all look forward to your comments, opinions and thoughts on the various aspects of the game, as well as your contributions and participation.

So again, Welcome to Canonfire!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: