Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greetings from Australia..
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Greetings from Australia..
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm  
    Greetings from Australia..

It was pointed I should have posted here first.. I'ts been a long time for an intro post for me..

Hi all, names Brett.. although people usually refer to me as Brette on the net (its just how I sign off on all my posts and email.. E being the first letter of my last name.. I have always done it that way..)

Anyway.. I'm mainly a RPG collector.. I collect all sorts of things.. I started to D&D reb box and I started to collect D&D/AD&D.. then TSR stuff.. then other game systems starting with non-tsr stuff first then others and more and more and more..

My collections shifts focus from time to time..

1) Aussie made RPG stuff.. I decided to try and track down all the Aussie made rpg's .. still looking for some.. made a web site for it.. www.arielarchives.com

2) All rpg games (LOL).. I have a rather large collection.. www.arielarchives.com/brett/brett.xls
    is where I keep an up to date list of my collection (items? I haven't even guessed.. 5000+ more? who knows)

3) RPG Magazines/Zines.. once again a rather lot of them see the above for a list if the ones I have (about 4000+ believe it or not).. still looking for lots..

4) RPG artwork.. yes TSR covers mostly.. yes I know I know..
    for those interested most of them posted here.. a couple more to add..
    http://www.arielarchives.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gallery:Paintings

( oh and I collect those pick-a-path type books as well..)

What has interest me at the moment is the "Living Campaigns" I have collected a lot off and on over the years and I'd though I'd get a bit serious about tracking down, finishing off collections preserving the info for future RPG generations;) Its also a way of slowing my spending as well.. LOL..

My Living Greyhawk collection is the main reason why I'm here (Although I am a fan of the WoG boxed set.. I remnember staring at the maps and going over them again and again when it first came out) I plan to see if there is anything else I can add to the collection.. and then on to the other "Living" campaigns of which there are a suprising lot.. So i'd be interested in knowing if anyone else collects any of the "others" (OT- so please feel free to email me.. email is best.. beasterbrook@hotmail.com) Some of these are Living City, Living Jungle, Living Death, Living Raveloft, Ruins of Ravensbluff Living Arcanis, Living Dragonstar, Living Kingdoms of Kalamar, Living Rokugan, Living Spycraft, Living Verge, Living Planar, Living Traveller, Living Glorantha, Blackmore, Virtual Seattle, Legends of the Shining Jewel, Fellowship of the White Star, Witch Hunter, and also Legacy of the Green Regent and Eberron.. I think thats most of them.. please tell me if there are any more;)

I'm also interested to find out about "Living Greyhawk Reborn" if anyone can tell me...?? I sort of know the basics..

Thanks

Brette:)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:02 pm  

beasterbrook,

Welcome to the boards! (Experiencing Deja-Vu).

Your obsessed, you know how many people would love to get lost in your collection?

Quite a few I suppose your a hoarder of knowledge. I think you may be a member of the Silent Ones. Laughing

See you around.

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:43 am  

Hello there, and welcome!

I saw a webpage for Living Greyhawk Reborn, but if I remember correctly it looks like it hasn't really been updated in the last year or so. I'm not sure if anything is still going on with it or not.

Though it would be awesome if there was something like that.

I personally played in Legacy of the Green Regent, and Living Arcanis myself though I don't really have much of anything from my time as a player. I will keep a look out though.
    GreySage

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:36 am  

Welcome beasterbrooke!

It's a pleasure to have you join us and I look forward to perusing your lists to see if there are items I missed out on and would like to seek out. Smile

SirXaris
    GreySage

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:42 am  

Hail and well met, Brette!

Welcome to Canonfire! As you've no doubt figured out by now, you are by no means the only 'collector' here. Many of us share your passion, so you've come to the right place, as they say.

We are all looking forward to your participation and contributions to the site, not to mention any comments, insights and opinions you have to offer to our many ongoing conversations. All opinions and views are welcome here and we look forward to hearing yours.

Don't forget to check out the Greyhawk wiki located in the upper left hand corner of the Front Page. Our members Robbastard and Rasgon have spent many hours putting together a most comprehensive collection of facts and details found throughout Greyhawk canon and assembling it all in one convenient location and we all appreciate and make copious use of their unceasing efforts daily. Feel free to do the same.

And be sure to tell us of any games you might be playing in and post the details for us, we love hearing about that stuff.

So again, Welcome to Canonfire!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm  

Hi Brett---

Good to see you here too :D

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 pm  

Thanks;) Oh I sent you an PM over on Acaeam for you to give me an email;)

Brette:)
    Paladin

Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:18 pm  

Hail from the Shadows beasterbrook!
    Welcome....
    You may (if you don't already have) an interest in a posting I listed about a month ago to CF
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4679

Some are no longer available, but if interested, will re-post a current list ( its mostly my list less Cerbrions' less one or two others) of course no idea what the post would run to there, but can't beat the price for the magazines -0-
    Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: