Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - LCoB in the Flanaess?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    LCoB in the Flanaess?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:09 am  
    LCoB in the Flanaess?

I've been considering using the Lost City of Barakus module by Necromancer Games as the kick off for my next campaign. Right now I've just been mulling over ideas for where to place it. Has anyone used this in Greyhawk and have any suggestions?

Currently I'm leaning towards Gradsul replacing Endhome in the module (and tweaking the city info to reflect the change) and having Barakus to have originally settled by Suloise settlers fleeing the rain of colorless fire.
    Sage of Canonfire

Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:02 am  

Not familiar with the module, what can you tell us about it?

(Nice work on the "Axe" by the way)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:40 am  

Well, it's more of a mini-campaign than a module.

Barakus is a ruined subteranean city built long ago by a bunch of magically capable humans. One of their better mages turned to lichdom and the other mages of the city banded to gether to take him out.

Before he was imprisoned he summoned a stone of madness which eventually led to the city's demise.

The book details the Lost city, the wilderness around it and the city of Endhome nearby. It's full of adventures and encounters in the city, the wilderness and the lost city itself, not meant to be a straight shot adventure for you to sack the city but as an exnted set of sessions for the group to do what they want in the environs.

I'm looking at using the city map and encounters for Gradsul, just changing up some of the info to make it fit in greyhawk. Just lacking a decent idea as to why the Suel migrants would have built Barakus beneath the ground.

Considering tieing in the "stone of madness" to the oddities of behaviour which some of the suel houses in Keoland can exhibit sometime. Perhaps having some of those who were fleeing Barakus settle with the rest of the Suel in the area.

Overall seems it will go pretty well plus have the added bonus of letting me steal Endhome for Gradsul and in effect gain a nifty city map and great deal of location descriptions in the city.

And thanks for compliment on the article, I appreciate it.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:59 am  

DangerDwarf wrote:
    Just lacking a decent idea as to why the Suel migrants would have built Barakus beneath the ground.

Well, if they were mages, maybe they were worried about another Rain of Colorless Fire. They didn't know if all the Baklunish were destroyed, or still had some missiles left in the silos ready to go if more Suel cities were located.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:50 pm  

Quote:
    They didn't know if all the Baklunish were destroyed, or still had some missiles left in the silos ready to go if more Suel cities were located.

Doh...

And of course the obvious answer eluded me. That'll work for me, thanks.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: