Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hello there
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Hello there
    Novice

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:06 pm  
    Hello there

Hey, Greyhawk fans and all!

I'm somewhat new to the forum (lurk at times, but not posting)

I'm a big fan of AD&D First and Second Edition (Probably lean towards Second for the most part though)

I'm currently just days away from starting a Second Edition Greyhawk Campaign around Verbobonc and the Kron Hills. The thing is, though I love Second Edition (the rules set I'm using), I prefer Pre-Wars Greyhawk about 576 C.Y. (I might even consider running the game at an earlier date, prior to Iuz being released. Kinda like the idea of Iuz being an old ghost story that happens to be real)

So, as the DM of this game, I am curious if anyone has any good introductory files for the Player Characters for this specific type of campaign. Of all the people in my group, I'm the only one that knows squat about Greyhawk, so I've tried to put together a pamphlet (from copy and pasting of various sources) to introduce my players.

Anyway, good to be here!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 pm  

Welcome aboard! We could use more grognards. Shocked Shocked

Master Arminas
    Paladin

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm  

Welcome aboard!
    You'll find this is like xmas and the long awaited release of a book you have been anticipating all in one... Good Info, Good advice , Great Well of information to drink from.
    Master Greytalker

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 am  
    Re: Hello there

Rumek wrote:
    I prefer Pre-Wars Greyhawk about 576 C.Y. (I might even consider running the game at an earlier date, prior to Iuz being released. Kinda like the idea of Iuz being an old ghost story that happens to be real)

Welcome, Rumek.

As the guys have already said "what you seek, here you shall find". Cool

But, talk about a great start. I'm also starting a campaign circa 576 (albeit with BRP) and your quote above has got me ruminating over an earlier start time. Thanks, already! Happy
    GreySage

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:16 am  

Welcome Rumek! We're all glad you have decided to join us.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. There are separate forums for questions relating to specific editions of the game, but any generic question involving Greyhawk is welcome in the main forum.

SirXaris
    GreySage

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 pm  

Welcome from the shadows, Rumek! I, too, was once a 'lurker' (as Argon dubbed it), but now make my occasional presence known with all manner of inquiries.

Too, I am also a big and ardent supporter of 2e. You will find several who are of the same 'ethos.' Though I do not know how I may be of assistance (as I am typically one to ask for it), I will do my best to do so.

Furthermore, I also started my (currrent and still on-going) campaign back before the Greyhawk Wars, about 576 or 578 CY, though I 'bumped it up' to 580 when all the material for the Wars came out and I was chomping at the bit to get to that part in history. Now my campaigns (numerous different threads running concurrently...at last count I have something like 4 or 5 different parties all strung out months apart from each other) are just shy of reaching the Wars...exciting times ahead!

At any rate, welcome aboard, and feel free to post to your heart's delight. As friend SirXaris mentioned, there are different forums, each with its own focus. I could use some help adding to the 2e forum. Cool

-Lanthorn of 2e
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:21 am  

Always great so see another Greyhawk fan what is long in the tooth! Laughing

If you haven't already, be sure to check out all of the top links (Home, Forums, FAQ, Articles, Reviews, Downloads, Links, Top 20, Feedback) , as well as the Features at the left sidebar, just to see what all is here.

Welcome aboard Rumek, and happy posting! Happy

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:28 pm  

Welcome aboard Rumek!

Feel free to ask any questions you like. That's how these threads get rolling. I would also point you to the features section where you will find a link to greytalk and you can chat with us on Thursday nights. This is also a great place to get some feedback as well. Warning some people lurk there often! Surprised

If you have time their is a forum where you can post your campaign info. Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Later

Argon
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: