JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - CRPG Temple of Elemental Evil and modding
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    CRPG Temple of Elemental Evil and modding
    Novice

Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:51 am  
    CRPG Temple of Elemental Evil and modding

Would like to know how many board members here have played this 3.5e rendition of the PnP module by Troika. If you have played the game, do tell of your experience, good or bad and how the game could be improved.

The modding community at Co8 (http://www.co8.org/forum) has made considerable advances recently and we can now spawn new creatures, objects, alter dialogue, make new quests, even alter the level cap and number of PCs allowable in the game.

IMHO, it would be wonderful if board members here could help out in creating a more authentic and detailed world and your first hand experience as a player or even a DM in a Greyhawk setting would be invaluable in this regard. So if any Greyhawk DMs here would like to see their ideas for PnP ToEE converted into a computer setting with 3.5e, do volunteer.
    The modders can assist in the technical details of writing dialogue trees, making quests, scripting encounters while the DMs will supply the ideas and the bulk of the content.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:27 am  

Well, I played through most of the game before an unfortunate lapse of memory caused me to reformat without backing up my saved games...

I like the game quite a bit and keep meaning to return and actually finish the entire adventure. (It's actually eerie how I've never been able to finish the game as a PnP or on the computer)

I thought that the representation of Hommlet was quite well done. Naturally, some of the voices and picture icons of the NPCs didn't quite match what I had imagined in my tabletop experiences. But, they were not so jarringly dissimilar so as to impact my game enjoyment.

One problem that I did have, and I know that was commented on quite a bit on Troika's own ToEE site, was the decision to remove all the children from Hommlet while failing to remove dialogue trees and NPCs who referred to the kids. That was irritating. Somehow fixing that would be spiffy.

Otherwise, I would suggest perhaps some more variety in the random encounters available as a party travels to the various in game locations.

And perhaps a schedule to allow various monster types in the moathouse to repopulate. For example, if a party clears the upper level, killing the bandits and such, then returns to Hommlet for a day or two, some mechanism for replacing the dead bandits with zombies would be appropriate, I think.

Likewise, there should be the opportunity for the moathouse and temple to replace losses if a party is particularly sluggish in their efforts.

That's from the top of my head...
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: