JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Mortellan Runs a Greyhawk Game on Mic
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    Mortellan Runs a Greyhawk Game on Mic
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 am  
    Mortellan Runs a Greyhawk Game on Mic

The Gamerstable Podcast wanted to record someone’s first tabletop roleplaying game experience. Shannon joined us in this social experiment. It is one introductory adventure featuring Ivy Nightfall and her crew of misfits.

The first installment of Shannon’s first game features the characters getting established and learning about the mission.

Please click here to listen to the episode.

Cast and Characters:

Mike – Narrator and Dungeon Master

Eric – Arthur Lobnob Pengrove

Dan – Zamfir

Mark – Mikael Knutzich

Shannon – Ivy Nightfall

Jayson – Captain Dee Biscuitville

Shawn – Flux Coldsteel

Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 pm  

You guys have to get into character more. What kind of example are you setting for a first time player. Shawn the 20 rolling character. Rolls should not carry the game but role's should. On another note Jayson played the halfling quite well and Eric was pretty good with his Cajun gnome! Laughing

My one critique for Mike was he seemed to be winging it. Which is fine but it should not be obvious. Though I also noticed he was trying to implement the rules or explain them for the new player. So this happens sometimes when introducing a new player to the game.
    The one rule I have for new player's is play your character and if their is something you wish to do let me know and I'll tell you how to go about it. In no time you get a role player who cares little for the rules and enjoys the game more.

Later

Argon
    Forum Moderator

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 am  

As I run D&D longer I can't help but start to winging the rules. They've become a less important aspect of the game for many of us than the story. I try real hard for new people but if I can getby without touching a book that's a good day for me.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: