Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ahoy
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Ahoy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:25 am  
    Ahoy

Fonce checking in.
    I'm male human, CN Evil Grin
    39 yoa, military veteran and part time author.
    I referee a small group through the web, guys I used to play face to face with in the Army during boring lulls in the action.
    Greyhawk really the only setting I enjoyed, it wasn't all written for you - it was there waiting for all the finishing touches and was big enough not to step in it with any one little action and open for interpretation.
    Group plays a mish mash of 1 & 2e, with some ODD tendencies owing to the complexities of remote gaming with varied platforms and unsupportive networks (all members bored military guys).
    I've been skulking around the boards for a couple of years loving the work done here and the fan fiction, as well as the deep resovoir of lore in the wiki.
    Thanx all.

UPDATE:
    Thank you all once again I'm getting the hang of this forum engine and much appreciate the warm Welcome.

GLICK, J.D. type I, 1 Ea. OD Green, I think we chewed some same dirt.
    Me 628th MI BN under then LTC, now BG Wolf III. I'm semi retired now.

Last edited by fonce on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 am  

Hail and well met, Fonce!

Welcome to "official" Canonfire! . . . you long time lurker! Laughing

You're probably already familiar with the site, but just a reminder; The Greyhawk Wiki is located in the left-hand column and can be consulted for almost anything "Greyhawk." Our celebrated alumni Robbastard and Rasgon do their utmost to insure they we have access to all kinds of Greyhawk goodness there.

And -- as you have already done -- feel free to jump into any conversation that takes your fancy. We're always looking for fresh input and good debate as we share our varying and multitudinous points of view.

We look forward to your future contributions, be it conversation, posting the continuing adventures of your PCs, or perhaps sharing your own fan-fiction with us.

I would advise that you choose the appropriate forum however, so as to avoid the dreaded "Purple Lightning!" Evil Grin

Naw! Cebrion isn't that bad! Wink Evil Grin

So, once again, Welcome to Canonfire! Cool

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am  

Good Morrow Fellow Adventurer!!
    And Welcome....
    You will find a deep well of information to drink from and comeraderee to banty with. Cool
    Dont be afraid to post and comment... that is what this is for.. to share information and thought..... Just be sure to prose those pearls of thought within the right subtopic.... It keeps the skys free of Clouds
    Leave skulking in the shadows to the professionals..... such as shades and Dark Lords...
    GreySage

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:06 am  

Welcome, Fonce! It's great to have you a member of our Greyhawk fan community. Happy

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm  
    Re: Ahoy

fonce wrote:
    ...I'm male human, CN Evil Grin
    39 yoa, military veteran and part time author...

-CN goes great in the military! I like to think of myself as NG. Laughing

fonce wrote:
    ...I referee a small group through the web, guys I used to play face to face with in the Army during boring lulls in the action...

-My first long-term group, and now, my last remaining player, were guys from my platoon in the PA Army National Guard. After we both went RA, it was harder to play, but we actually played a few times when we were in Germany (he was at Landstuhl, I was at Wuerzburg). Now we play by e-mail for most of the day-to-day stuff, with phone calls for the tricky stuff.

Welcome!
    GreySage

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm  

fonce wrote:
    Group plays a mish mash of 1 &2e...

That right there means you are A-OK in my book! Happy

Welcome aboard, and don't skulk any more now that you are introduced.

-Lanthorn, Banisher of Shadows
    GreySage

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:
    My first long-term group . . . were guys from my platoon in the PA Army National Guard. After we both went RA, it was harder to play . . .

'Twas in the 82nd Airborne Division that I discovered Dungeons & Dragons and the glorious World of Greyhawk!

Ahh! What would we do without the Army, I ask you? Evil Grin Laughing

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 am  

I think the banned thing and errors are a part of the system that keeps n00bs from being able to spam threads, just in case that n00b is not a person but a spammer program. It is an extra level of defense. Replying to a certain number of threads first, thus allowing everyone to establish that you are real person by purposely allowing such posts to remain and not banning usernames, IPs, etc. is the usual work-around, which is why you see some of the more clever forum spammer programs actually copy/pasting portions of posts from the forums themselves, thus making them harder to notice right off, as the spam posts at least appear to be topical.

Things look to be okay now (if they are not, let me know using the feedback function), so welcome out from the shadows, and happy posting! Happy
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: