Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Which books should I get?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Which books should I get?
    Novice

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:56 am  
    Which books should I get?

I'm trying to get back into Greyhawk after a very long absence. I still have the World of Greyhawk Campaign setting from when I used to play. My question is which other products should I get?

Greyhawk Adventures
    City of Greyhawk
    Greyhawk Wars
    From the Ashes
    Player’s Guide to Greyhawk
    Greyhawk the Adventure Begins
    D&D Gazetteer
    Living Greyhawk Gazetteer

How much overlap is there between products?

Does Greyhawk Wars have RPG Content or is it just a ‘Battle type’ game?

Thanks!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:33 pm  

Greyhawk Adventures: An odd miscellany by Jim Ward that I found pretty dull
    City of Greyhawk: Beginning of the post-Gygax TSR version of Greyhawk, the most detailed published version of the city (but it's not Gary's version)
    Greyhawk Wars: David Cook blows up the world: board game with 32-page history (this may be online somewhere) on this Oerth-Shattering Event
    From the Ashes: Carl Sargent's revised version of the 1983 box. Different sensibility from Gygax's, you'll either like it or not
    Player’s Guide to Greyhawk, Greyhawk the Adventure Begins: Main books of Roger Moore's abortive 1998 Greyhawk revival. I haven't read them thoroughly, but they repeat some content from CoG and FtA
    D&D Gazetteer: Short cut-down player's version of the below
    Living Greyhawk Gazetteer: Gary Holian and Erik Mona's honest attempt at a compete, balanced, consolidated Greyhawk sourcebook -- the modern-Greyhawk book to get

But at least as much as the TSR/Wizards stuff I'd also get relatively recent stuff of Gygax's such as the Gord the Rogue novels, Living Fantasy and other Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds books, The Slayer's Guide to Dragons, The Slayer's Guide to Undead, and the forthcoming Castle Zagyg: Yggsburgh.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: