Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Survey of the 4E Dungeon/Dragon Magazine Greyhawk Material
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Survey of the 4E Dungeon/Dragon Magazine Greyhawk Material
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:45 pm  
    Survey of the 4E Dungeon/Dragon Magazine Greyhawk Material

So... I plunked down the $10 to get access. I did a preliminary survey of the Greyhawk material - which wasn't a lot, but there were a few surprises. (Most of the material shows up in the later issues).

As far as new adventures:
    Lowdown in Highport (1E) #221
    The Battle of Emridy Meadows #221
    The Last Slave Lord (1E) #215
    Never Say Die #212 [set in the Twisted Thickets near White Plume Mtn]
    Court of the Dark Prince #212 [nothing set on Oerth, but Iggwilv plays a significant role]
    Warrens of the Stone Giant Thane #198 [Additional adventure set in the G1-2-3 series]

4E updates to classic modules, some already released separately: S1 (Tomb of Horrors), T1 (Village of Hommlet), UK1 (Beyond the Crystal Cave), C1 (Hidden Shrine of Tamochan), G123 (Against the Giants). What's of interest in these are some fleshing out of the fluff material.

Demonomicon of Iggwilv continues, along with a Baatezu equivalent, the Codex of Betrayal - marred slightly by the 4E Cosmology.

A handful of Dragon Magazine articles as well:

History Check: The Temple of Elemental Evil #425
    Tavern Profile: The Inn of the Welcome Wench #423
    Backdrop: Hochoch #418
    History Check: Iggwilv-Graz'zt #414
    Bazaar: Thinamajigs of the Barrier Peaks #410
    History Check: Rary the Traitor and the Circle of Eight #405
    History Check: Kas and Vecna #402
    Legacy of Acererak #371

Anyone else able to find additional material?
    GreySage

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:16 am  

Sterling Hershey (History Check: Rary the Traitor and the Circle of Eight #405) is a childhood friend of mine. He wrote a few other History Check articles that are frequently made part of Greyhawk, though they are not officially so:

History Check: Strahd and van Richten #416;

History Check: The Blood War #417;

History Check: Martek and the Desert of Desolation #424.

SirXaris

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:51 pm  

Good listing there!

I needlessly paid for all those as they came along cause well, Greyhawk. A lot of those history and backdrop articles were well researched from old Greyhawk sources. The Hochoch one in particular sticks in my mind as something that I think built well upon existing material as well. The adventures, especially the recent 1e ones add greatly to the epic stories of the Slave Lords/ToEE. If all it takes is $10 to get all that I strongly recommend it for everyone.
    CF Admin

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:36 am  

Hmmm. That seems like quite a bit less than I was expecting to see, given the pointers from Mike's blog now and then. Perhaps my memory was making it seem like there was more content than there really was?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 am  

"Betrayal at Monadhan" (Dungeon #170, an adventure featuring Kas, though set in the Shadowfell)

"The Last Breaths of Ashenport" (Dungeon #156; not Greyhawk-specific, but an abridged copy of the Demonomicon of Iggwilv appears)

"Fight! Battles in the Gladiatorial Arena" (Dragon #368, briefly describes a fighting space in Kalstrand)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: