JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Castle of the Mad Archmage Now Available
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion
    Castle of the Mad Archmage Now Available
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 am  
    Castle of the Mad Archmage Now Available

At long last, the print version of Castle of the Mad Archmage is now available! More than thirteen levels, 1,500 keyed encounters, new spells, magic items, monsters, and more.

The free serialized version from several years ago has been added to, scrubbed, edited, and generally improved upon. The adventure now is self-contained, from the surface ruins to the dreaded lowest levels, with a separate map book and illustration book (with pictures to show the players what they see at given places in the dungeons). You can get all three of the books that make up this adventure at RPGNow.com:

Castle of the Mad Archmage Adventure Book (available in softcover or hardcover)
    Castle of the Mad Archmage Map Book (softcover only)
    Castle of the Mad Archmage Illustration Book (softcover only)

All three books are available in pdf format as well, and as always you get a free pdf copy when you order the hard copy books. The adventure book was written with the Adventures Dark and Deep rules in mind, which means it can easily be used with most OSR-type rules.

You can get get the whole set for $20 pdf, $35 with a softcover adventure book, and $45 with a hardcover adventure book (the map and illustration books are only available in softcover).

It's been a long time getting here, but I hope you have as much fun with it as I have over the years.
    GreySage

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 am  

Sounds great! I'll look into it. Happy

SirXaris

Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 am  

Joe,

Congrats on getting this product out there. I would rename this thread when a Grognard gets his wings. However, that might detract from the published adventure.

I'll give it a look and wish you much success with the new product release.

Later

Argon
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 am  

Truly awesome news. Congratulations and thank you. I hereby give you free license to go spam and cross-post on all Greyhawk message boards, facebook groups, and forums.

Just ordered all three books, hardcover and softcover.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:58 pm  
    !

Sounds exciting. It's a massive effort. How did you figure out what needed changing after the initial serialized version was finished? Did you have a bunch of DMs and players giving you input or was it from running it yourself?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: