JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Adventures in (really under) the Hellfurnaces
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Adventures in (really under) the Hellfurnaces
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:44 pm  
    Adventures in (really under) the Hellfurnaces

I was wondering if anyone has run a campaign under the Hellfurnaces (besides the module, Vault of the Drow) or has any ideas on great adventuring hooks in that area. I know the Sunless Sea is near there and I think it has a lot of possibilities, but I only know of the Night Below: Under Dark Campaign that deals specifically with that area. Would love to hear about anyone's experiences or suggestions.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:37 pm  

There's "Kingdom of the Ghouls" from Dungeon #70. It's pretty epic in scale; stand up fights, battles, negotiations. Exciting, crazy stuff.
    GreySage

Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:02 am  

xo42, when in doubt, if no modules exist, create your own homebrew campaign. Some of the best adventures are those YOU create.

What sort of ideas interest you? What types of adventures interest your players? What are the character races, classes, and levels? When does your campaign take place (CY)?

-Lanthorn
    GreySage

Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:28 pm  

Here are some links where I have found interesting information regarding Greyhawk's DeepOerth.

Maldin's Greyhawk includes a detailed drow city (Khor), a copy of the map of the known encounter areas in DeepOerth (from D 1-3, Decent Into the Depths of the Earth/Vault of the Drow), and a few fleshed-out areas presented in the same type and style of those modules:
    http://melkot.com/locations/underdark/underdark.html

A quick outline that simply provides DMs a useful base from which to flesh areas out on their own: http://underdark.pbworks.com/w/page/11427898/FrontPage

You can find Russell Bird's version of Erelhei Cinlu in Oerth Journal #14. (See link to the left.)

SirXaris
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: