JOIN THE CHAT
    Canonfire :: View topic - Character Roster & OOC Thread
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice
    Character Roster & OOC Thread [ Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next]
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 pm  
    Congrats on C1.

By the way, all,

I keep forgetting (until now) to congratulate everyone on a first chapter completed.

Congrats!

Thanks for all the good 'werk', KW!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:41 pm  

And here's a mini preview of Ohrin in his non-combat attire, perhaps while working on his magic in the lab.

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=685939
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:39 pm  
    Re: Aurdraco's Ohrin, Gameplay, and Q About Posting

Syzygyst wrote:
    Aurdraco,

Really nice job on the 'forged' Ohrin. Just make sure he doesn't drop that fireball on the books at his feet! And great job on the additions/rearrangement to HQ, as well. In other words: "I love what you've done with the place." Wink

Game-Play:

If Ohrin expresses his full idea for rearranging hq and it's allowed/possible, Njord will definitely be on board for helping make that happen. He'll also try to include Saevil and Kahss in the project.

Q:
    Is this forum where we express non-speaking actions, such as the one above? Or, should we post it in the main thread? If so, let me know and i'll put it up there.

Thanks!

To simplify and move the story forward, Ohrin will just begin re-arranging the furniture if no one objects (and someone has already started helping). Please see most recent map. Hat tip to our DM for turning me on to that online mapping tool.

This thread is for Out of Character (OOC) stuff. We, as players, discuss things in here. Anything our characters do that needs to be shown, imo, should be in the chapter threads.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:08 pm  

Gentlemen,

Aurdraco: Nicely done on the HeroForge creation and on your adjustments to the Headquarters. I will move forward with the rearrangement of the furniture in mind Also, no problem about the mapping tool. I like it!

Syzygyst: Thanks for the kind words! very happy

-- K.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:49 pm  
    Ohrin Forged

Aurdraco,

Saw that other (non-combat) Ohrin forge-form. Most cool. I'm still worried about those books with all that fire being thrown around! Wink

It makes me want to make a Njord-form, too. I hope i get around to that.

Onward!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:14 pm  

Cheers to all for a chapter completed, yes! Here's to many more!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:38 pm  

Ok. Rather than hoping i'd get around to it, i gave it a try. Here's Njord forge-form version 0.0.0.

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=692216

And i put a Santa hat on him. Couldn't find any better winter-hat type of headgear.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 pm  

Syzygyst wrote:
    Ok. Rather than hoping i'd get around to it, i gave it a try. Here's Njord forge-form version 0.0.0.

https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=692216

And i put a Santa hat on him. Couldn't find any better winter-hat type of headgear.

Awesome!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm  

Gentlemen,

Two items, for your information:

1. I have been informed by Jig that he is currently quite busy with professional and personal commitments and, therefore, will find it difficult to post with any reliable frequency for the nonce. Therefore, I will be constructing today's post in such a way that addresses his character's silence.

2. I have not forgotten the Character Description capsules I promised you last week. I have been waiting on Jig to remit his submission, but with respect to the first item, this has not been forthcoming. Therefore, I will be posting the rest of your capsules today and tagging his on subsequently.

-- K.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:48 pm  
    The Jig Is Down!

Noooo! Our Jig is down?! Sad

That sucks. Hope you can join back up later, Mr. Jigsawed!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:27 pm  
    Choosing Our Comrades: The List

Hey, nice job on the NPC list, KW. Thanks.

Ok, this may be jumping the gun, but i'm in gamin' mode, so i compiled my first Njord-thoughts-list about the candidates. This might help coordinate opinions on our prospective companions. Basically gives ranks for each individual by the following scale:

+3: Wanted to a point of pitching a fit if not chosen
    +2: Much wants.
    +1: Would seem positive to have along
    00: (0): Neutral, doesn't have opinion either way.
    -1: Seems a negative
    -2: Definitely not wanted
    -3: Will protest vehemently, maybe drop out himself, if individual chosen.

? (question mark) means doesn't really have any info.
    * (asterisk) means might be notes, caveats, etc.

Code:

+1  Asranith Lasiniir
    +1  Lady Armiger Marissa Osson of Almor
    +1* Sir Montgomery “Monty” Persides  (but a Paladin? Yikes?!)
    +1? Soren Stormcloud
    +1? Kelvan Farstrider
    00? “Slava”
    00? Yrist Vrabenn
    00? Kharâz Stonemilker
    00? Lertan Stonemilker
    00? Minek Stonemilker
    +1? Captain Jinmiir Ristolier
    00? Idriel von Fluss-Amberhill
    00? Khândraz
    00? Ruslan Heatherplains
    00? Frantisek Mannenheim
    00? Monek Friedrich
    00? Sammi Vasternaan
    00? Karstren Esil
    +2  Lars Loja
    +1* Milleen (Might be good to have trained wolves along!)
    00? Altansarnai  (Might be good if we choose Milleen)
    +1? Hjálmar Frjálsmaður  (Just like the name)
    00? Jonáš Cerny
    00  Ballatia Wishílde
    00? Lucion Inmarial
    00? Gerrit Lashander
    00? Renada Rabbitwarren
    -2  “The Dark One”
    +1? Nevin Stoutshield  (Hey, with a name like "Stoutshield", how can ya go wrong?)
    +1  Merri Flowerfield
    00? Mirka Daňo
    00  Narend Martracin
    +2* Lukasz Ravel  (Problem, taking him away from his betrothed? Amelia)
    -2  “Crow Jane”
    +1  Asila T'shanna  (A monk might be good to have along)
    +1? Faeranna Nightsky  (Like the name)
    00? Morin Thistlefoot
    00? Markus Restantin
    +1  Johanna Swiftstoat

Look forward to also talking (longform/role-play comm) about this.

PS: And ok, "The Dark One" is not a must have.

PPS: Too bad there's no table html option.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:44 pm  

Also, nice job on the descriptions, gents. It's great to be able to "see" the characters.

And Corus sure has a variety of NPCs: Kobolds and Kenkus and Freaks, Oh My!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:02 pm  

Syzygyst,

Firstly, thank you for the kind words on the list of NPCs. Please bear in mind that each Player in the game got different information regarding these characters...so, yes: Creating those lists was a great deal of work!

Second, you have a novel approach (your table) for listing which characters Njord does and doesn't approve of. It was an unexpected approach, but I think it will prove helpful (in conjunction with the long form role-play, of course) for the group in selecting your fellowship.

Third, yes...Corus has a very diverse population. This is what you get when you deal with a settlement primarily composed of adventurers: Much weirdness!

Finally...I, too, enjoyed the descriptions of your individual PCs. Hopefully, you enjoyed the descriptions of the NPCs just as much!

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:00 pm  

I like Syz's voting system. I suggest that he have Njord enunciate it in character to the group.

Thanks,

Casey
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:56 pm  
    Fellowship Voting Method

Hey Aurdraco!

Glad u liked the idea. I actually thought of it as a way to expedite the process of selection. Sort of a way of displaying our "group-mind" in short-hand, if u will. If we were to completely play/dialogue this out, it might take weeks at our present post-rate, so this came to mind. I'm looking forward to what role-play we do have on the subject, i just think this will hasten things greatly.

Ohrin Can Claim The Idea:
    I didn't think of this in character, and wasn't even considering it as a device that the characters would actually be using. Njord is not very cerebral. He likes hunting and tracking and the like, so i doubt he'd ever think of such a thing. Ohrin, on the other hand, might actually think of something like this. If you'd like for Ohrin to actually use this idea in the game-world, please have at it! I could see one such as he actually devising such a numerical strategy. (I'm assuming Ohrin is rather intelligent, being a mage). And actually, by your recent post, Ohrin is already at the table pouring over the list and making notes, so he's a natural for it. Njord, on the other hand, has a lovely lesbian captain to occupy his current thoughts!Smile

So, if you want to be the one in charge of the actual (real-world) table, be my guest. You could just write it up and send it out (or to KW for dispersal) as a PDF or the like. If you'd rather i actually handle the details, let me know. i'm flexible.

Let me/us know.

Note that the composite score (regardless of who actually tracks this), does not have to be averaged. A simple sum will suffice, as it will still yield a bipolar (tho magnified: -9 to 0 to +9) score. It just saves a step (and is cleaner) than computing an average of our 3 'scores.' Actually, i guess it may be 4 scores if KW is going to play Kahss and give his input. Or perhaps Jig will actually find the time to participate! Fingers crossed.

Also, i'm assuming Kraftwerk/Lamashtu will be OK with this. If not, please speak up!

Kraftwerk:
    This is pretty cool. I've never experienced this while gaming before -- i.e. having our (main) characters select a bunch of companions. Groovy!

Last edited by Syzygyst on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:17 am  

Syzygyst & Aurdraco,

Of course, I have no qualms with whatever methodology you should choose to select your fellowship. In the words of Aleister Crowley: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

Of course, I would be remiss in my duties as a Dungeon Master were I not to remind you that there are consequences to every one of your choices, as Players. With that in mind, you are free to choose as you will -- but you should be most careful to ensure that your methodology is sound. Failure to do so is to invite disaster.

In closing, I'm glad that you find the game experience to be unique and rewarding, thus far. Let's hope it continues on that path!

-- K.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:20 pm  
    Saevil's chuckles

Amidst all these "fireworks," did Njord notice Saevil's reaction?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:36 pm  

Syz,

I would say no. He was far too locked in on the Captain to notice much else. He might not have noticed if the building was on fire! very happy

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 am  

Ok, I'll have Ohrin suggest the idea. I have already created a spreadsheet to track our votes and notes about each NPC.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:40 pm  

Aurdraco,

Awesome! Look forward to seeing it develop. And a spreadsheet is the right tool for the job.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 am  

What time of day is it when Fireheart leaves HQ and Ohrin is thinking of going to gather his possessions, maps, and talking to his master?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:29 pm  

Hey, folks!

Need another player? - I just stumbled over the game, and I think I'd be happy to join in, or lurk. Smile

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:43 pm  

I'm +1 if Kraftwerk is feeling up to it.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:56 pm  

Le Noir Faineant,

PM incoming....

-- K.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:57 pm  

Syzygyst,

Syzygyst wrote:
    What time of day is it when Fireheart leaves HQ and Ohrin is thinking of going to gather his possessions, maps, and talking to his master?

It would be late afternoon. Consider it to be about 4:00pm.

-- K.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    [ Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next]
    Page 2 of 5

Jump to: