JOIN THE CHAT
    Canonfire :: View topic - Chapter 2: The Outsiders
    Chapter 2: The Outsiders
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    lamashtu
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:
    Milleen laughed her sly snicker. She stepped forward quickly, causing both the single and the group of wolves to scatter back. Clearly, their respect for their mistress was absolute. "It seems you've been claimed, Son of Dag," she chuckled again, while the remaining wolves started back to their homes.

The one before him began to roll back and forth in the snow on its back, right at his feet. "And by a very special bitch, too."

Sævil's voice lowers and becomes throaty as he reaches for the belly of the wolf before him, "Hello lovely," he says while giving her a good rub.

Rolled a 16.
    aurdraco
    Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Eve / Crow Jane / Nj Reply with quote

Syzygyst wrote:
    Njord made sure his voice could be heard by Ohrin, to fill him in on the young visitors. "It is amazing that you can sense the gnome-lings. They came here earlier today -- the Ruddyfoot children: Hoddy, Goodwin, Marta and Matildya. They bore gifts. Food and drink. And brave, dear Matildya was kind enough to give me warrior to help in battles." Njord had moved toward his cot and held out a hand to present the owlbear-doll that sat at station against his pillow. Smiling with full-heartedness, he introduced the creature. "This is Olivia Owlbear. I am told she is fierce fighter!"

Oddly, Ohrin looked askance at the doll before saying, with a forced smile, "That was...very nice of them." He then turned back to his lists and maps.

Syzygyst wrote:
    Njord stepped back toward Crow Jane. "Speaking of food, if you are hungry, perhaps we have something you like?"
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Sævil's voice lowers and becomes throaty as he reaches for the belly of the wolf before him, "Hello lovely," he says while giving her a good rub.

The wolf seemed delighted by his affections. She rolled back and forth, seemingly oblivious to the bitter cold of the snow – provided he continue his ministrations, her salmon tongue lolling happily from her mouth. The northman watched her tail wag while he rubbed her stomach, reveling in the sensation of the surprisingly soft fur there. The whole of her demeanor belied the danger implicit in the act: Her teeth seemed immense in her mouth and shockingly sharp.

In the moment, everyone seemed pleased. Except Milleen. She stood at Sævil's side and made a little face. Her small scaled hand went to her chin in a thoughtful gesture. “Hmm,” she mused. “A problem. I might have known it would be this one.”

Stretched out as she was, the wolf was almost as long as Sævil was tall. “It's a very interesting pup that's chosen you, Son of Dag,” she said. Her grey fur was almost the exact color of slate stone.

Interesting. Said as if a pejorative.
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

Njord made sure his voice could be heard by Ohrin, to fill him in on the young visitors. "It is amazing that you can sense the gnome-lings. They came here earlier today -- the Ruddyfoot children: Hoddy, Goodwin, Marta and Matildya. They bore gifts. Food and drink. And brave, dear Matildya was kind enough to give me warrior to help in battles."

Jane was so strange. She was absolutely impossible to read. Her expression never seemed to change. Her utterly black eyes reflected no sort of emotion. “I smell them. Their scent is all about the room. Strongest, there,” she nodded in the vague direction of Njord's chosen bed. “I can smell the freshness of the bread and the water they brought. It comes from the bakery of the halfling, Flowerfield.”

Njord had moved toward his cot and held out a hand to present the owlbear-doll that sat at station against his pillow. Smiling with full-heartedness, he introduced the creature. "This is Olivia Owlbear. I am told she is fierce fighter!"

Jane took a half-step in the direction of the bed, where the stuffed animal had rest. She stared upon it, even as he held it aloft for her inspection. “It is magical?” she asked. “I smell your hands and those of one of the gnome-hatchlings upon it. And the Creeping One, too. He made it, I suppose?”

Oddly, Ohrin looked askance at the doll before saying, with a forced smile, "That was...very nice of them." He then turned back to his lists and maps.

“This is perhaps not so strange,” Jane remarked. “I am told it is a custom amongst you featherless ones to offer the finest food and drink to those condemned to die.”

Njord stepped back toward Crow Jane. "Speaking of food, if you are hungry, perhaps we have something you like?"

“No,” she said, instead staying right where she stood. Njord watched her eyes scanning around the room while Ohrin continued the labor of examining his papers. He expected that she might say something more, but instead a prolonged silence fell over the room, instead. So strange.

Finally: “We leave to tread Black Ice,” she said. “Soon, I think.”

“But once there...do we know where we are to go?”
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Eve / Crow Jane / Njord Reply with quote

Njord found Crow Jane's certainty interesting, but incorrect. "Uh, very sorry, Jane. Please forgive. We are here to find group of travelers to head to Black Ice. We await Saevil, our companion, so that we may question you about journey, to find if you may be suitable for such long trek. Unfortunately, decisions have not yet been made. We will wait little while. If Saevil does not return soon, i guess we begin without him." Njord had smiled as cordially as he could while speaking.

But what he did not say was that, surprisingly, he was starting to not only tolerate, but even to like, this strange creature. What he found favorable most, Crow Jane seemed no-nonsense and as blunt as one could be. And Njord was hoping to deal with as little horseshit as possible on the Black Ice. In addition, she seemed to share his assessment that the journey was merely a saunter to their graves. Yes, he could see her on the expedition.

Njord returned to a question she had posed. He turned again to look at and to indicate the owlbear doll at his pillow. "As far as Olivia is magical, she certainly is to me." He smiled broadly. "But if you mean dweomered, i doubt this. Is Dark One known for making such things?"

Last edited by Syzygyst on Wed May 18, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:
    In the moment, everyone seemed pleased. Except Milleen. She stood at Sævil's side and made a little face. Her small scaled hand went to her chin in a thoughtful gesture. “Hmm,” she mused. “A problem. I might have known it would be this one.”

Stretched out as she was, the wolf was almost as long as Sævil was tall. “It's a very interesting pup that's chosen you, Son of Dag,” she said. Her grey fur was almost the exact color of slate stone.

"Oh?" Sævil looks up from the wolf, but continues to give her a good scratch, "Is there a problem Milleen?"
    lamashtu
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
    Kraftwerk wrote:

"Oh?" Sævil looks up from the wolf, but continues to give her a good scratch, "Is there a problem Milleen?"

*sigh*

Oops, sorry guys - the above was me.
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

Njord found Crow Jane's certainty interesting, but incorrect. "Uh, very sorry, Jane. Please forgive. We are here to find group of travelers to head to Black Ice. We await Saevil, our companion, so that we may question you about journey, to find if you may be suitable for such long trek. Unfortunately, decisions have not yet been made. We will wait little while. If Saevil does not return soon, i guess we begin without him." Njord had smiled as cordially as he could while speaking.

But what he did not say was that, surprisingly, he was starting to not only tolerate, but even to like, this strange creature. What he found favorable most, Crow Jane seemed no-nonsense and as blunt as one could be. And Njord was hoping to deal with as little horseshit as possible on the Black Ice. In addition, she seemed to share his assessment that the journey was merely a saunter to their graves. Yes, he could see her on the expedition.

She paused for a moment, her black eyes fixed on the fire as if lost in thought. Then, she turned to Njord and at last spoke: "I will remain, I think," she replied. "It makes little sense to return home. You will choose me soon enough. Wasteful, to walk in the cold, instead."

Said so matter-of-factly. As if it were foregone conclusion.

Njord returned to a question she had posed. He turned again to look at and to indicate the owlbear doll at his pillow. "As far as Olivia is magical, she certainly is to me." He smiled broadly. "But if you mean dweomered, i doubt this. Is Dark One known for making such things?"

"I do not know," she replied, gazing at Olivia's soft down. "I only know that he is of the Creeping Folk. They are a magical sort. If she is as fierce as you say, then I presume that she must be enchanted."

She looked back to at Njord as if for answers. Clearly, mannish humor eluded her.

It was something the northman could empathize with.
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

The kobold merely shrugged. "Even if there was," she said in her raspy voice, barely above the roar of the frigid wind, "there is aught either of us could do about it. She has chosen you, and that is that. Now, it falls to you to name her and allow her to remain at your heel."

Milleen smirked slightly. "We will need to bring much meat on our voyage across Black Ice," she opined. "If not before, then surely now."

"A pup like her will eat your weight in fresh kill every day, you know."
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Eve / Crow Jane / Njord Reply with quote

Quote:
    She paused for a moment, her black eyes fixed on the fire as if lost in thought. Then, she turned to Njord and at last spoke: "I will remain, I think," she replied. "It makes little sense to return home. You will choose me soon enough. Wasteful, to walk in the cold, instead."

Said so matter-of-factly. As if it were foregone conclusion.

Njord found Crow Jane's self-assurance both amusing and a bit unsettling at the same time. He flicked his eyes toward Ohrin to see if he was having any reaction to her confidence, but the mage simply continued to examine the papers before him.

Quote:
    "I do not know," she replied, gazing at Olivia's soft down. "I only know that he is of the Creeping Folk. They are a magical sort. If she is as fierce as you say, then I presume that she must be enchanted."

She looked back to at Njord as if for answers. Clearly, mannish humor eluded her.

It was something the northman could empathize with.

Njord thought it might be pointless, but he tried an explanation nonetheless. "Jane, i think it merely...eh...exaggerative...," Njord missed the correct word, but continued, "way of speaking. Like the child pretends that doll has real abilities. So Olivia seems fierce to little Matildya. I don't think is more than such."

Njord, while waiting for a possible response, began thinking of things to ask Crow Jane that weren't directly related to the journey. In addition, though he mostly found this creature interesting and possibly trek-worthy, he was beginning to wonder whether she was trying some sort of sorcery on them, to convince them to take her -- and the evening had been going so well.
    aurdraco
    Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:

At this, Ohrin raised his head.

"Hopefully Saevil will return soon and then we can discuss the matter further. To be frank, I was expecting to discuss all of our petitioners with my comrades before meeting with any of them, on the morrow. But, seeing as you are here and live outside of town, it is prudent that you remain."
    lamashtu
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:
    "Now, it falls to you to name her and allow her to remain at your heel."

Milleen smirked slightly. "We will need to bring much meat on our voyage across Black Ice," she opined. "If not before, then surely now."

Sævil looks back down at the she-pup, "Astafrejlva is her name," he playfully grabs her muzzle, "Astafrejlva is your name."

He stands and faces Milleen, "She's beautiful, thank you Milleen. I've no idea how we can possibly feed her so much meat - certainly we cannot carry so much unless you have near a hundred teams of wolves to pull our sleds. Let us hope the hunting is fair.

"I should return to my peers to further discuss the mission. I ask that you prepare as many teams of dogs are you are able, and what supplies you need. Anything you require that you do not have, we shall set to finding once you meet us in town."

Sævil carefully describes where the team is staging, and turns to head back to town.
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

At this, Ohrin raised his head.

Njord found Crow Jane's self-assurance both amusing and a bit unsettling at the same time. He flicked his eyes toward Ohrin to see if he was having any reaction to her confidence, but the mage simply continued to examine the papers before him.

"Hopefully Saevil will return soon and then we can discuss the matter further. To be frank, I was expecting to discuss all of our petitioners with my comrades before meeting with any of them, on the morrow. But, seeing as you are here and live outside of town, it is prudent that you remain."

Jane nodded. It was difficult to say what she thought of what he'd said. Perhaps she was satisfied that he had, essentially, agreed with her. It was just as easy to suppose that she met the comment with disdain. As ever, she was completely inscrutable. "Sævil now trafficks with the wolfmonger," she offered. What she thought of the arrangement, she did not say. "Her name decorates your list, I think." Said as a statement of fact; not an absent musing.

Njord thought it might be pointless, but he tried an explanation nonetheless. "Jane, i think it merely...eh...exaggerative...," Njord missed the correct word, but continued, "way of speaking. Like the child pretends that doll has real abilities. So Olivia seems fierce to little Matildya. I don't think is more than such."

Njord, while waiting for a possible response, began thinking of things to ask Crow Jane that weren't directly related to the journey. In addition, though he mostly found this creature interesting and possibly trek-worthy, he was beginning to wonder whether she was trying some sort of sorcery on them, to convince them to take her -- and the evening had been going so well.

"Dangerous," the black-feathered kenku replied, "to assume. There are things that children see with their new eyes that slowly become invisible with the passage of days. May be there is more to the playtoy than you might suspect, I think. Already, you have lent it magic of your own kind. It shows in your eyes when you brandish it."

She turned her dark eyes over towards Ohrin. "You are a sorcerer," she said. "You can spy such things with your weird eye, I think?"

"Can you not say for certain?"
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Sævil: The Howling Reply with quote

Sævil looks back down at the she-pup, "Astafrejlva is her name," he playfully grabs her muzzle, "Astafrejlva is your name."

The wolf became still for a moment, gazing at Sævil down the length of her long, vaguely pointed muzzle. Her incredible blue eyes seemed depthless: A vast, icy ocean of pure color held within their quality. In his grasp, he could feel her breathing, The soft tactility of her fur was warm to the touch. He knew it was foolish, but he found himself thinking that it was as if she was pausing to mull the quality of the name she'd been given.

All at once, she abruptly shook her head, rolling off her back and standing upright. The wolf began to push her head up against his hand, brushing the sides of her face against it in long strokes. A pause, to gaze up into his eyes once again with her incredible wintery stare.

Astafrejlva. This is my name. And it is a good name.

She found the bare flesh at the union of his furred glove, licking it intently and energetically. It made him smile.

He stands and faces Milleen, "She's beautiful, thank you Milleen. I've no idea how we can possibly feed her so much meat - certainly we cannot carry so much unless you have near a hundred teams of wolves to pull our sleds. Let us hope the hunting is fair.

"She will hunt for herself, when she needs to," the kobold said, folding her arms across her chest. "You are very fortunate that you have chosen one another when she is so small. For now, she will eat no more than might a normal wolf. In a few months, though, you will see. But this is not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. If the hunting is good and you treat with her well, Astafrejlva will bring you back enough kill for the both of you to share. If the hunting is poor or you are cruel to her...you should know now to beware."

"I should return to my peers to further discuss the mission. I ask that you prepare as many teams of dogs are you are able, and what supplies you need. Anything you require that you do not have, we shall set to finding once you meet us in town."

Milleen offered a bit of a smirk. "Am I to assume that I have been chosen, then?" she asked. "Even before your grand meeting with your fellows?"

Sævil carefully describes where the team is staging, and turns to head back to town. "Very well," she nodded. "I will prepare my pack. And when you call for us -- I will be sure that we are ready."

Sævil turned and began to walk away from the imitation of a mine, set in a wolf-infested honeycomb of caverns. As he did, Astafrejlva did not move. Instead, she looked up at Milleen, as if confused.

"Go with your master," the kobold bade her. "His path is yours now."

The northman got a few feet further away, his head turned back towards the wolf. Another step and she turned away from Milleena, jauntily beginning to follow the steps Sævil crushed in the snow, in the direction of his fellowship's headquarters.

Even before they set off upon their grand expedition, he couldn't help but feel like another journey had just begun.
    aurdraco
    Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:
    "Dangerous," the black-feathered kenku replied, "to assume. There are things that children see with their new eyes that slowly become invisible with the passage of days. May be there is more to the playtoy than you might suspect, I think. Already, you have lent it magic of your own kind. It shows in your eyes when you brandish it."

She turned her dark eyes over towards Ohrin. "You are a sorcerer," she said. "You can spy such things with your weird eye, I think?"

Once again, Ohrin looked up from his lists. "Er, what? You want me to ascertain if a child's doll is magical? Exactly why do you think it might be? Magic is not to be used frivolously; it is a gift from the Lord of All Magic."
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Ohrin & Njord: Birds of a Feather Reply with quote

Once again, Ohrin looked up from his lists. "Er, what? You want me to ascertain if a child's doll is magical? Exactly why do you think it might be? Magic is not to be used frivolously; it is a gift from the Lord of All Magic."

Jane glanced in the direction of his fellow and nodded. Every time she did so, the length of her rapier-beak made the gesture look exaggerated. "Is not Njord's word enough?" she asked, fixing him with her utterly dark eyes. In the moment, Ohrin could understand why it was that she had earned for herself a poor reputation within the settlement. Her gaze was the stuff of mysterious curses and ill omens, regardless of any intent.

"It matters not," she decided in the end. "We shall see for ourselves soon enough, yes? And in any case, the Son of Dag comes approaching your stone nest." How she might have known that was not apparent. All either Ohrin or Njord could hear was the sound of the wind and the crackling of the fires in their pits.

"It seems that he brings a guest, too."
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Eve / Crow Jane / Njord Reply with quote

Crow Jane was claiming that she knew Saevil was on his way? With a friend? She had called Ohrin a sorcerer. Maybe she was the same? Or had some sort of magical gifts? She was indeed an enigma. Njord knew that taking her along would prove either a great boon or a calamity. He had no idea, however, why he wasn't more averse to this crow-woman. It had him rather baffled. He also knew he'd find out soon enough if she had such power: Saevil, and his friend, would signal sooth. And if she bore such ability, what other secrets lay in wait behind those dark eyes? He spoke to her, almost cautiously.

"Jane, you have mentioned Ohrin's magic and his wierd eye. Maybe you have same? Some second-sight, as is called? You make claims of things that have yet to happen as though already have come to pass. You have such a gift?"
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Njord, Ohrin, & Sævil: Determination Reply with quote

"Jane, you have mentioned Ohrin's magic and his weird eye. Maybe you have same? Some second-sight, as is called? You make claims of things that have yet to happen as though already have come to pass. You have such a gift?"

She returned her attention to the northman. "No," she said in her odd caw-croak of a voice. "We are not alike, you and I. I can see things you cannot, hear things you cannot. This is the way of nature, not the way of the weird. It is another reason why you will soon decide it best if I accompany you, I think."

She paused for a moment. "Hrm," she considered. "Wolf."

A breath after she'd said it, the headquarters' door opened. Instantly, the temperature of the room dropped several degrees, courtesy of the bitter wind that blew in through its open frame and the icy white it swept along its invisible path. Sævil quickly entered past its threshold, shaking a heavy blanket of snow from his shoulders and cloak. Behind him, only a few steps from his heel, a large grey wolf followed, lean and sleek.

Jane looked at Njord for a moment, then down towards the animal.

The warrior closed the door behind himself. Never once did his new companion stray from his side. His companions were there in the headquarters he saw, Ohrin and Njord. Only Kahss seemed absent. Instead, he had been replaced by perhaps the strangest being he'd ever seen in all his days. It was a short thing, thin of frame, wrapped in heavy swaths of dark fabric to protect against the frigid clime. It was about the size of a young woman or an olve, perhaps. The head of a raven, covered in utterly black feathers rest upon the figure's shoulders, however. Gazing back at him with unblinking eyes of utter jet. The wolf gazed right back at it, unblinking herself. Watching; wary.

It said nothing at all by way of greeting.

Subtly, Astafrejlva strode forward, interposing herself between he and the bird-creature.
    aurdraco
    Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Njord, Ohrin, & Sævil: Determination Reply with quote

Kraftwerk wrote:
    ...the headquarters' door opened. Instantly, the temperature of the room dropped several degrees, courtesy of the bitter wind that blew in through its open frame and the icy white it swept along its invisible path. Sævil quickly entered past its threshold, shaking a heavy blanket of snow from his shoulders and cloak.

Ohrin looked up when the door opened, clearly relieved when Saevil entered. He was about about to greet him when...

Kraftwerk wrote:
    Behind him, only a few steps from his heel, a large grey wolf followed, lean and sleek.

Ohrin's look changed to one of slight nervousness and confusion.

Kraftwerk wrote:
    ...Subtly, Astafrejlva strode forward, interposing herself between he and the bird-creature.

Standing up, Ohrin said, "No one said anything about any pets. Let alone large, carnivorous ones." Turning to face Jane, Ohrin added, "Crow Jane, is there somewhere in the town you might retire to for an hour or two? I think my companions and I have much to discuss."
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Night / Njord Reply with quote

As the wolf moved toward Crow Jane, Njord made a similar motion, reaching the bird-woman's front flank. He would be ready to intervene in case the canine opted for an avian dinner. He held up an outstretched hand with a slight wave toward Sævil, hoping it would also act as a signal for the wolf to stop. With a wary smile, Njord addressed the warrior.

"Good Sævil, glad you return. I hope this is friend we have been told about." Njord nodded toward the wolf.
    Kraftwerk
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Njord, Ohrin, & Sævil: Determination Reply with quote

Standing up, Ohrin said, "No one said anything about any pets. Let alone large, carnivorous ones." Turning to face Jane, Ohrin added, "Crow Jane, is there somewhere in the town you might retire to for an hour or two? I think my companions and I have much to discuss."

As the wolf moved toward Crow Jane, Njord made a similar motion, reaching the bird-woman's front flank. He would be ready to intervene in case the canine opted for an avian dinner.

The kenku made something like a snorting noise from her beak. Whatever emotion it was meant to reflect, the wolf was unmoved by it. For her part, Crow Jane averted her gaze from it, turning instead towards Ohrin. "Hrm," she seemed to consider for a moment before deciding. "I will go to see Milleen, I think. When you are ready, you can find me with the wolfmonger."

She started toward the door, giving the wolf a wide birth. On her way, she met Sævil's eyes with her emotionless black stare. The gesture seemed to discomfit Astafrejlva, but fortunately, the kenku made the portal and slipped out before his new friend could protest overmuch. With a sudden appearance and disappearance of the wind and cold, she was gone from their presence. Immediately, the wolf seemed to relax, gradually meandering back towards Sævil's heel.

Njord held up an outstretched hand with a slight wave toward Sævil, hoping it would also act as a signal for the wolf to stop. With a wary smile, Njord addressed the warrior.

"Good Sævil, glad you return. I hope this is friend we have been told about." Njord nodded toward the wolf.

The beast was a beauty: Sleek and powerful. She looked up at Njord with bright blue eyes, full of life and intelligence. He had been about wolves long enough to know that she was a young one, yet absolutely immense for her age.

[Njord: Please roll me a d20!]
    aurdraco
    Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once Crow Jane had departed, Ohrin looked a little bit relieved, clearly eager to move forward with discussing the petitioners.

The three of them have a long talk about the petitioners with Ohrin taking extensive notes (chat between Ohrin and Saevil occurred on #greytalk earlier tonight. Waiting on Njord's votes. Once correlated, will share the results).
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Night / Njord (Roll) Reply with quote

Njord rolls: 20.

[* No shite. First roll of campaign, and probably just wasted that on an ability check rather than saving it for combat. Yay! Sad *]
    lamashtu
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject: Headquarters At Night Reply with quote

Sævil reaches absently for the wolf as the Kenku passes out the door, then turns back to his new compatriots.

"Njord, Ohrin! This beauty is Astafrejlva, one of Milleen's pups. She chose me, or so Milleen has explained." He glances back at the door again, "Why was Crow Jane here? And why did she leave?"
    Syzygyst
    Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: C2: The Outsiders / Headquarters At Night / Njord Reply with quote

Njord more carefully examined the wolf. "She is beauty, true. Astafrejlva is also lovely name." Apparently, Sævil had also been given a gift. His, without a doubt, capable of brutal ferocity. "You are blessed with such an offering."

Njord then responded to Sævil's questions. "Jane was walking out in snow when i return from visit with Captain. She seemed cold. I invite her in to interview her, and to allow her warmth of fire. We were waiting for you." Njord glances at the mage with a head turn and tilt. "Seems, Ohrin wishes discussion before we speak with her. I will go fetch her when we are ready."

After a pause, Njord reflects, "I never asked Jane where she headed. I wonder if she was on way to our head-quarters."
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Expedition to the Land of Black Ice All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
    Page 7 of 8

Jump to: