ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Manscorpion conversion
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Manscorpion conversion
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:31 pm  
    Manscorpion conversion

Hi-
    I am getting ready to run an adventure in the Bright Desert, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a conversion of the manscorpions to v3.5. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks,

-dunbruha
    CF Admin

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:58 pm  
    Re: Manscorpion conversion

dunbruha wrote:
    ... I was wondering if anyone knows of a conversion of the manscorpions to v3.5.

I don't think it's legal for us to post the statistics for the Scorpionfolk (as they are known in d20). They are in the v.3.x Monster Manual II (WotC, 2002) on page 221.

This answer might not help much, but you know where to look.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:38 pm  

actually you can post the scorpoin folk from MM2 as long as you site the orginal source, they are one of the two OGC monsters in MM2 (the other being the razor boar), although they are not a 3e version of the manscorpion. they are infact a reprinting (with chnages) of the sandmasker from Sword and Sorcerery's original Creature Collection.

the actual Manscorpion (aka Tlincali) was reprinted in Monsters of Faerun as the "Stinger". unfortunatly MoF was not a OGC source, so we can not reprint it here.
    CF Admin

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:14 pm  

cwslyclgh wrote:
    ... the actual Manscorpion (aka Tlincali) was reprinted in Monsters of Faerun as the "Stinger". unfortunatly MoF was not a OGC source, so we can not reprint it here.

Ah, that's interesting, Wes. Because, Paul Looby has taken the statistics for Scorpionfolk from v.3.0 Monster Manual II and labels the creature as Man Scorpion in his Living Greyhawk adventure The Traitor's Road. I was actually confused because I could not find Man Scorpion in core books. I stumbled upon Scorpionfolk while flipping through MMII.

Thanks for the note, Wes. Interesting. Well, now dunbruha has two places from which to choose his creature.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:39 pm  

always glad to help
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:21 pm  

Greyson wrote:
    cwslyclgh wrote:
    ... the actual Manscorpion (aka Tlincali) was reprinted in Monsters of Faerun as the "Stinger". unfortunatly MoF was not a OGC source, so we can not reprint it here.

Ah, that's interesting, Wes. Because, Paul Looby has taken the statistics for Scorpionfolk from v.3.0 Monster Manual II and labels the creature as Man Scorpion in his Living Greyhawk adventure The Traitor's Road. I was actually confused because I could not find Man Scorpion in core books. I stumbled upon Scorpionfolk while flipping through MMII.

Thanks for the note, Wes. Interesting. Well, now dunbruha has two places from which to choose his creature.

Thanks, everyone, for the sources. I have the (revised) Creature Collection, so I will use the Sandmasker stats if I can't get hold of Monsters of Faerun. (I never would have thought to look for a Greyhawk monster in a FR book...)

-dunbruha
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:11 pm  

In one of Dungeon or Dragon Magazines there r the stats for the manscorpions of the bright desert....they r, if i remember well, in the Living Greyhawk section

www.Greyhawk.it

The grey falcon fly in Italy too
    CF Admin

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:10 pm  
    Where?

Devon wrote:
    In one of Dungeon or Dragon Magazines there r the stats for the manscorpions of the bright desert....they r, if i remember well, in the Living Greyhawk section

Dungeon 98/Polyhedron 157 has an article called Into the Bright Desert that has a picture of a manscorpion and Desert Centaur on page 31. And, Dungeon 103/Polyhedron 162 has stats for the Dersert Troll and the Desert Centuar - but nothing on said manscorpion.

I don't subscribe to Dragon, maybe manscorpion is in there somehwere. But, as noted above, we know it is in Monsters of Faerun - another victim of the Forgotten Realms Dimensional Vacuum.

Last edited by Greyson on Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:04 pm  
    Re: Where?

Quote:
    Dungeon 93/Polyhedron 157 has an article called Into the Bright Desert that has a picture of a manscorpion and Desert Centaur on page 31. And, Dungeon 103/Polyhedron 162 has stats for the Dersert Troll and the Desert Centuar - but nothing on said manscorpion.

I don't subscribe to Dragon, maybe manscorpion is in there somehwere. But, as noted above, we know it is in Monsters of Faerun - another victim of the Forgotten Realms Dimensional Vacuum.

Thanks for the info. (for the record, though, it is Dungeon 98/Polyhedron 157).

-dunbruha
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:01 am  
    Re: Manscorpion conversion

dunbruha wrote:
    Hi-
    I am getting ready to run an adventure in the Bright Desert, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a conversion of the manscorpions to v3.5. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks,

-dunbruha

If you are member of RPGA, you could order a year 3 Living Greyhawk module 'Traitor's Road' by Paul Loovy (Woesinger) which is set in Bright Desert. If I remember correctly, it has information about basicly weird creature you could meet in Bright Desert, including Manscorpion.

S.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: