Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Scaled Cult of the Gnatmarsh
Scaled Cult of the Gnatmarsh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMPrata
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Scaled Cult of the Gnatmarsh Reply with quote

I know this is an extreme longshot, but here goes. I stumbled upon the following reference in URD1-08 Mired in Gosferd:
Quote:
Talor-Keptal [a kobold adept] bears the ivory talisman [a lizardís head] of the Scaled Cult, a mysterious force gaining power in the fetid fens of the Gnatmarsh.

I donít have a complete LG Duchy of Urnst archive, but I found no other references to this cult in any of the modules I do have. Does anyone know if this cult was developed later in the campaign? I note that in NYR3-S03 Pillars of the Gnatmarsh, the Witches of the Sand have shocker lizards. Is that coincidental development by two different triads?
grodog
CF Admin
CF Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David---

I pinged Echohawk over on ENWorld to see if he had any ideas: https://www.enworld.org/threads/greyhawk-collectors-guide.296532/post-7849404

Allan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grodog
CF Admin
CF Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EchoHawk on ENWorld wrote:

Yes, the scaled cult surfaces again in URD3-07: Purloined Letters. Quoting from the "Adventure Background" section:

Quote:
Stepping ahead to current times, a force of malign power has been gathering allies within the Gnatmarsh. Little is known of the true nature of the Scaled Cult, or what hand is directing them. What is known is that bands of kobolds have been scouring lands in and around the Duchy of Urnst, searching for ancient arcane writings, research into the lost magic of the Maure Suel. Silovin, a half-fiend sorcerer of great importance within the Cult, has been directing these bands. She has discovered the truth about the fate of Imirianaís tower, and has dispatched a well-armed band of kobolds to sack the tower and recover a trove of utmost importance: The correspondence and personal writings of Imiriana herself, one of the foremost researchers into the Far Realms.

The adventure starts just after the kobolds have destroyed the elven seals and looted the tower.

Hopefully that helps?

Allan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DMPrata
Master Greytalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Allan. Thatís an enticing tidbit. A quick search shows that the story continues in Russ Taylorís URD6-08 Food for Thought. Sadly both URD3-07 and URD6-08 are holes in my collection, but I can riff on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: