Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - OAR #3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
OAR #3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vestcoat
Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: OAR #3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks Reply with quote

What do you all think of this so far? I was pretty excited because, unlike OAR #1 & #2, Barrier Peaks has a stronger Greyhawk connection.

This conversion adds an outdoor hex crawl and another dungeon level, but they're strictly generic and don't build on any GH lore. The original GH adventure background is maintained, with some notes for Realms players.

Bummed they didn't interview Kuntz, an original contributor, or Ward, an inspiration.

The revised maps are good. And it's very nice to see the color illustrations again after they were made b/w in Realms of Horror and Dungeons of Dread.
Luz
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: OAR #3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks Reply with quote

vestcoat wrote:
What do you all think of this so far? I was pretty excited because, unlike OAR #1 & #2, Barrier Peaks has a stronger Greyhawk connection.

This conversion adds an outdoor hex crawl and another dungeon level, but they're strictly generic and don't build on any GH lore. The original GH adventure background is maintained, with some notes for Realms players.

Bummed they didn't interview Kuntz, an original contributor, or Ward, an inspiration.

The revised maps are good. And it's very nice to see the color illustrations again after they were made b/w in Realms of Horror and Dungeons of Dread.

I've been anxiously waiting for this one, it's the only Gygax module I've never run and I have plans to set it caught in the Demonweb for our current campaign. It kills me that I put it on my Christmas list and now my wife has picked it up, so I'll have to wait to take a good look.
grodog
CF Admin
CF Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OAR #3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks Reply with quote

vestcoat wrote:

I proposed some interviewing of RJK for this, but Goodman has some future OAR volumes that he may want to bring Rob in on.

Allan.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: