Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Naval Rules
Greyhawk Naval Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonZavoda
Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Greyhawk Naval Rules Reply with quote

I haven't done much with naval combat or shipboard adventuring and I'm looking to change that. I have Ghosts of Saltmars h for 5e and a pdf of the 2e Of Ships and the Sea. I also have the Birthright Naval Battle Rules which I'm not going to use but instead canniblize for ideas. Hasd anyone done work on Greyhawk Naval rules?
Raymond
Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Edition Reply with quote

I don't think naval rules are setting specific but rather rules specific. I believe Original, Basic, and Advanced cover naval encounters.
JasonZavoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Edition Reply with quote

Raymond wrote:
I don't think naval rules are setting specific but rather rules specific. I believe Original, Basic, and Advanced cover naval encounters.

For me Greyhawk has a specific flavor that I try to maintain. Rules must be blended to suit Greyhawk, not Greyhawk made bland to suit rules.
tarelton
Adept Greytalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the rules in the 2nd Edition Forgotten Realms supplement Pirates of the Fallen Stars. They had fairly simple rules, but additionally a lot of the background material could be converted for Greyhawk, especially the islands off the coast of the Hold of the Sea Princes.
JasonZavoda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarelton wrote:
I liked the rules in the 2nd Edition Forgotten Realms supplement Pirates of the Fallen Stars. They had fairly simple rules, but additionally a lot of the background material could be converted for Greyhawk, especially the islands off the coast of the Hold of the Sea Princes.

I will have to see if they have a pdf of that. Ive owned it but dont think I do anymore. I take it that it is different than Of Ships and the Sea?
xo42
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Greyhawk Naval Rules Reply with quote

JasonZavoda wrote:
I haven't done much with naval combat or shipboard adventuring and I'm looking to change that. I have Ghosts of Saltmars h for 5e and a pdf of the 2e Of Ships and the Sea. I also have the Birthright Naval Battle Rules which I'm not going to use but instead canniblize for ideas. Hasd anyone done work on Greyhawk Naval rules?

I agree with the other recommended sources mentioned and also have another, the module Slavers. Slavers has a small area containing rules for naval combat that's pretty cool. You could also use SpellJammer rules, and it would still fit the Greyhawk mold because Oerth is heavily featured in SpellJammer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: