#greytalk-discord
    JOIN THE CHAT
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Ghosts of the Ghosts of Saltmarsh
    The Ghosts of the Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Delglath
    Kobold Pinata

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: The Ghosts of the Ghosts of Saltmarsh Reply with quote

I want to run a prequel one-shot to set up some basis for why Saltmarsh is special. The idea I had centres around Iuz or Iggwilv somehow being responsible for the cursed siren that makes the township such a profitable fishing centre. I like the idea that somehow they foresaw the need for Saltmarsh to exist so that Iuz could feed the people in his empire and also as a means to access the coast for other nefarious expeditions.

This needs to be something that can be easily finished in a two hour session, though, whilst providing some amount of mystery and clues for the later campaign, set X years after this module (I was thinking about 100ish years as cursory investigations seem to make that viable and fitting with the township's growth from nothing more than a fishing village to what it is c. 570-76 CY).

I was also thinking that the characters the players play (premades for this oneshot) could be related to the prominent figures in GoS, like Eda Oweland, Gellan Primewater, etc.).

Any help with this, especially with canon references I could draw on for inspiration, would be much appreciated. I've been kinda floundering on developing this for several months now and the campaign is starting in a few weeks...
    In more modern times, only Delglath of Rinloru is known to have crafted any items from the stone of this atrocious place. Even masters of the dark arts such as Xaene and Karoolck would hesitate to follow.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: