JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Questions regarding Anna's Haranshire
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Questions regarding Anna's Haranshire
    Novice

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 pm  
    Questions regarding Anna's Haranshire

Just a few questions before I start getting to work on cleaning up and expanding "Night Below":

1. I'm not sure how often Anna Meyer frequents the forums, but I have a few questions I'm hoping somebody in the know can answer for me. What was the reason behind flipping the Thornwood to the north of the Eel River (Churnett) and creating a south road that heads east to Thurmaster? Expanding the Patchwork Hills along the Tors makes sense to me (based on my very, very limited knowledge of geology and land formations), so that's all well and good. The Blanrydes are to the north, and what I assume to be the Halfcut Hills are to the east where Parlfray's Keep is to be found, so, again, all well and good.

2. There are some locations I have not been able to find any info on, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with that. The locations are what appears to be a fortified town north of Melkot Pass called "Tarris", a town further east called "Eastcot", and a location called "Fort Omar". Are these to be found in a journal, an old RPGA source, or something of the sort?

Any information you fine folks could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: An additional note - The population markers are off for Thurmaster and Harlaton. All three are, by the sources, villages with fewer than 200 souls (Thurmaster is correctly marked as fortified, but its population marker indicates a town). Harlaton has 75 residents, Thurmaster has around 100, and Milborne is the largest at about 160.

Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:10 am  

Anna uses info from the Living Greyhawk Campaign. Since these sources are generally unavailable and the quality of the work is generally poor my preference would be to leave them out or mark them as LGC references.

Tarris is mentioned in Living Greyhawk Journal #3 page #31
    Novice

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 pm  

Thanks for the reply, man. This site is great for Greyhawk newblets like myself.

I've been continuing my research today, and I've happened across some stuff by Hammerdog that places Tarris way further to the north, and then I found the Paizo map that placed Melkot too far to the West (based on the maps by the actual creator of the city), some other stuff that places Fort Omar on the Southern face of the Tors, etc. Given the discrepancies I think I may just go with your suggestion and stick closer to the original map.

Thanks again. I'm off to find that Tarris reference.
    Novice

Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:41 pm  

JasonZavoda wrote:
    Anna uses info from the Living Greyhawk Campaign. Since these sources are generally unavailable and the quality of the work is generally poor my preference would be to leave them out or mark them as LGC references.

Tarris is mentioned in Living Greyhawk Journal #3 page #31

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said "mentioned". Okay, so, based on the available information both Tarris and Lasker are cities, and are being beset by refugees, disease, and strange religions as of 591. Not too helpful, but that definitely makes me wonder why Tarris' icon indicates that it's a walled dwarven town. No mention of Fort Omar or Eastcot at all.

Given the time period that Night Below was released, I'm assuming that it's a post Greyhawk Wars module, soooo... probably sometime around 586 or 587, so the chaos angle still works, albeit due to the aftermath of the earlier conflict as opposed to the scuffle in the holdings of the Sea Princes mentioned in LGJ #3.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: