Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - A paladin of St Cuthbert and a paladin of Pholtus .....
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    A paladin of St Cuthbert and a paladin of Pholtus .....
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:02 pm  
    A paladin of St Cuthbert and a paladin of Pholtus .....

go on a quest. Both are Lawful Good.

How do they get along? Will they cooperate and work together? What happens if the religious tenets of one forbid/require an action the party wants/needs to take, but the tenets of the other don't? How will they resolve the situation?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:37 pm  
    Re: A paladin of St Cuthbert and a paladin of Pholtus .....

Theala_Sildorian wrote:
    go on a quest. Both are Lawful Good.

How do they get along? Will they cooperate and work together? What happens if the religious tenets of one forbid/require an action the party wants/needs to take, but the tenets of the other don't? How will they resolve the situation?

There is an enmity between these two mid-ranking deities. I think St Cuthbert is a recent deity, accompanied by Pholtus in his divine Ascension. Then he became close to Rao and Pelor (Sol), which caused Pholtus' jealousy. Both are LG (LN), one very popular, the other more elitist. The problem is the relationship between the clergy. I sense the clergy of Pholtus more LN, with a desire to dominate the pantheon. The clergy of Saint Cuthbert will aid the clerics of Pholtus in a quest against chaos and/or evil. For the rest ? yea, provided that the name and power of Pholtus be increased thereby.
    On a personal level, St Cuthbert is a young demi-god, which does not modify the preceding reasoning. I was always surprised that the oeridian higher rank god was initially not Pholtus, instead of Procan and Zilchus.
    Jacques
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:55 pm  

If they've both been assigned on a quest together, I'd presume they'd at least value success in the quest enough to work together effectively.

Remember, Paladins have fairly high WIS requirements and VERY high CHA requirements. They're not generally given to acting foolishly OR rudely.

Perhaps a bit passive-aggressively, though. "I'll hold the demon off, you fall back to the doorway." "No, I'LL hold the demon off, YOU fall back..." Laughing I can almost see it like the beginning of a buddy-cop movie, where the two officers are from rival police departments being required to work together, without the chaos that usually results in the movies.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: